Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Urban Meyer: Georgia should be penalized for schedule; where Bulldogs’ slate ranks nationally

Comments

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let Urban Meyer know not to pass judgment on Georgia's schedule. Saying they should be penalized. Tell him to take a look at the non-conference teams he played when he was at Ohio State, especially the first three years.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Literally when it comes to their powder puff receiver Harrison.:-)

• Options
    street0123street0123 Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

247 Sports updated their roster talent rankings for every team at the beginning of the season to take into account all transfers in and out and UGA faces 6 of the top 25 teams with the most talent. Now whether or not the coaches can get that talent to meld into a successful team or whether those talented players push themselves to maximize their talents is a different conversation. But you can bet with the 2-time defending national champions on their schedule every player and every coach on these talent rich teams are striving to put forth their best efforts when the face UGA.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

Slẹaze incarnate.

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The best thing about it is "it really doesn't matter what UM thinks". Dawgs need to get that offense rolling....

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

I can assure everyone nobody is more upset with this season's schedule than the season ticket holders.

• Options
    doubledawg1990doubledawg1990 Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

Surely there is a former coach/football player that isn't morally lacking to reward with big time network gigs or head coaching jobs. It's a sad state of affairs when a society/culture rewards Ne'er-do-wells like UM for second and third changes while overlooking more the perfectly capable people who have lived a straight and narrow life (good friends, good sons, good fathers, good husbands - there are people like that!).

Also, Ohio State sure is still butthurt over the semi-final game! All are crying....!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And urban should be penalized for imitating a decent human being..

• Options
    UGADawgUGADawg Posts: 70 ✭✭✭ Junior

A bulldawg doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of pussycats

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

Lol....all of these guys are desperate as hell to jump off the page of relevance, this year. Before we get to the 12-Team CFP Format.

Once we have 12 teams going to a CFP...debate and perception, become less and less relevant. Meaning...a lot of these "High-Dollar Flapping Gums" will be looking for Coaching jobs or just outright retirement.

I hear Ed "Coach O" Orgeron is developing a Caribbean Retirement Community in Barbados. It will be marketed specifically, to Irrelevant Former "Players, HC's and Talking Heads"...all of whom, will be left out in the cold, next year.. Lol....I kinda feel sorry for em....NOT!

Also...Meyer is jealous as hell, of Kirby Smart. In 7 short years...Kirby has virtually surpassed anything that poser, ever did...or ever will do. He might have some Fans fooled...but, I think he is the "King of Opportunists" and a "quitter". I.e.,...a "Con Man".

"He can take Yor'n and beat His'n...and take His'n and lose worse to Yor'n than you did.". Lol

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Exactly where is it written that we actually give a **** what Pope Urban thinks? Ask him how things turned out with the Jags in Jax!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our schedule is pitiful, but it's not our fault. At least we're better than OK, USC, and Michigan....and not far behind Ohio State. That's really all that matters when it comes to the teams that should challenge us for rankings later in the season. But, we've got to win convincingly in many of these games or we may be penalized when the dust clears.

Next season we will face the gauntlet and I love it! It will be put up or shut up time in 2024, and we'll certainly have to be on our game right out of the gate...

• Options

The "Truth" is....We won't really know, how tough ANY Team's schedule is...until at least 75% of the season has played out.

For instance...everybody seems to be looking at the Ga Tech game as a cupcake. But, I assure you, that's not the case. Before the season is over...Tech will be turning some heads and putting up a fight for the ACC.

We don't even "know, for sure", how all the SEC Teams will stack up, in the end. Except, for UGA, that is. UGA is the ONLY Team I AM sure about, at this point. And they haven't played anybody, yet. Auburn may be the "Surprise of Conference". Which means the Dawgs may have to play em twice...[once, next week...and, again, in December].

"September Perception", rarely equals "December Reality". IMO

GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

High Dollar Flapping Gums...hardee har har...

Digging it. Urban Liar or is it Crier? I forget. This guy is the King of Clown World.

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Greg Sankey is a Bama homey. Certainly didn't do the Dawgs any favors with this year's schedule. Coincidence?

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

At this point of his slimy life, Urban Meyer should just stick to twerking and grinding at the pub...

• Options
    Bill71Bill71 Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

Urban (waste) Meyer is a pathetic has-been! Over!

• Options
    edited September 2023

Lol...the man has no shame. He and Ed "O" should get along, just fine...at their new Retirement Community. I heard they're gonna call it...[Buy-Out Village of Barbados].

They're planning a new Caribbean Football League (CFL)...with a follow-on merger with the Canadian Football League (CFL). That way...they won't have to change the League's logo after the merger. Smart "Con Men" always land on their feet. Lol

I hear Jimbo Fisher and Bobby Petrino have been working with Ed "O" on the league's development and standardizing contracts (No Buy Outs allowed). Jeremy Pruitt and Mel Tucker have been in negotiations to join...but, it's unclear if they will meet the minimum threshold of "Buy Out Dollars". Lol

Neon Deion could be the most creative of the bunch. He's got the right idea...[Get everybody to "Buy In" to his "Hype & BS"]...[Score a 100 million dollar Contract, with some desperate University..."A&M"]...then...[Get em to want to "Buy Out" of their commitment after a few losing seasons.] Hell....Sanders even has Aflac partner, Nick Saban carrying water for him. Lol