Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

UAB coach Trent Dilfer: Georgia offense ‘figured out what their best stuff is’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,649 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageUAB coach Trent Dilfer: Georgia offense ‘figured out what their best stuff is’

ATHENS — Trent Dilfer is as good as reading football as anyone, and his takeaways leaving Sanford Stadium on Saturday night indicated as much.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What a class act!

I wish him much success!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dilfer respects Kirby and vice versa. They go back many moons. Dilfer knows QBs, having been an NFL standout, and has a good one in Zeno.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

As I commented on another post, had Trent Dilfer been the HC at Ole Miss today, Bama would have been embarrassed again at home. I can think of at least 7 SEC schools that would become the most serious threat to Georgia within a 1-3 year period if Dilfer was the HC. Dilfer is now my #1 pick to replace Saban......if only Saban would realize it's getting past time for him.

I just had a thought that sent shivers down my spine.....Dilfer, HC/OC and Glen Schumann DC....I pray the powers that be in Tuscaloosa are still nappin!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

Schumann's next job is HC. He already has the best DC job in the country. Don't see him DC'ing for anyone but CKS again unless he washes out as HC (Muschamp, Bobo, Petrino, O'Brien, Monken, etc etc)

Your saying Dilfer is a better O Coach than Lane? Doubtful. UAB has a decent team with a pretty good QB. UGA D was not impressive today. Missed 22 and 13. JDJ made 1 play today after being MIA through the 1st 3 games. Not sure why 10 has regressed so much this season (extra weight?) .

The 2:00 score was inexcusable. UGA's "prevent" D prevented nothing. The 4th Q score was against 2nd and 3rd teamers. But this D has a long way to go get close to the previous 2 defenses.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UAB looked well coached for sure.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah coach Dilfer seems like a great one. Much respect to him. I believe he’ll have his guys winning some big ones before long. Best of luck to him.

GO DAWGS!