Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Final grades for Georgia football win over UAB

SystemSystem Posts: 10,649 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageFinal grades for Georgia football win over UAB

ATHENS — Kirby Smart knows his team has not played its best game yet. That’s still true after the 49-21 win over UAB.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 228 ✭✭✭ Junior

While the offensive unit did score quicker this week, there was a big lapse between the first score and the 2nd one. Gotta have more momentum at Auburn. Need to put them away quickly and take the crowd out of the game.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

I would say the O line is inconsistent at best and I just can’t see how that elicits a “B”. I thought they got more push later in the game but I’m not sure if that is a reflection of the O line or UAB’s D line getting tired. Hard to tell about the D line and LBs given the ability of teams to execute 2-minute drills. B is probably fair to this point and hopefully it is trending towards a B+ or greater. Defensive backs look solid while the lack of confidence in the kicking game could be a problem with a close game. Been so long since there was even the hint of concern around the kicking game that is hard to imagine that, but it looks true.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 171 ✭✭✭ Junior

We've been playing to the level of the competition. It's like we play as if we're waiting on the pre-season to end. With the exception of the 2nd half of South Carolina.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gotta have more than 7 1st quarter points against these lesser teams. Simply no excuse.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

QB A-

Defensive line C+

LBs B-

DBs B-

Special Teams...F- (lolol)

The rest no change...could have moved OL to C+ (1st qtr blues)

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What's Ladd's status? Are we going to get him back before November?

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If you separate the TEs from the WRs, what grades do they get? The TEs get an A. The WRs meanwhile ...

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Delp had a penalty and a drop. I think BB's had a drop too. Hard to give BB's, the most impactful player in the game, less than an A.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 256 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2023

@Kconnorriley I believe you need to rewarch this game. Grade of a B for the DBs is overly gracious. I would be more of a C to C-. Corners cannot get off blocks for 2 weeks straight and looked very lazy.

LB’s looked slow and confused on coverage (C-C+)

True WR’a missed multiple blocks in the run game, which prevented some big plays and dropped 3-4 easy catches.

QB’s should be be Beck and others. Beck would be an A- in my opinion. He has 1 miss to Meeks, 2 a little behind the reciever and stepped up in the pocket to get the sack. He threw for 300+ with multiple intermediate and deep balls and AS dropped an easy TD catch, DL had 2 drops and he avoided a sack for a 1st down run. He also had some great checks. 3 TD passes and 1 ruahing. Not sure what else you would like to see from him other than perfection.

Our defense is a few steps slower in processing and speed. No where close to the UGA standard given the opponent’s

• Options
    glwardlawglwardlaw Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Bowers still needs the ball more! Anybody remember Robert Edwards at tailback? We are seriously missing opportunities of a lifetime if we don't use Bowers some at running back. I am serious!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

QBs should be higher - you don't drop the grade just because your 3rd string QB throws an INT. Beck did awesome and those 2 throws were only considered "overthrown" because they weren't caught. A star WR makes those plays. Seriously, other than Bowers, when is the last time this season that we've seen a spectacular catch? We'd normally see one or two per game.

I don't understand why our Defense continues to get praise while these lower level teams rack up yards and 1st downs. We gave up 336 YARDS and 20 1st Downs. How is that a "B" performance for our Defense-minded program? This is the most of both we've given up all year.