Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: Elite WR commit Ny Carr has decommitted from Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: Elite WR commit Ny Carr has decommitted from Georgia

Sentell’s Intel is all about the latest Georgia football recruiting info. This rep has the latest with 4-star WR Ny Carr. He ranks as the nation’s No. 11 WR and the No. 53 overall prospect for 2024 on the 247Sports Composite ratings. The On3 Industry Ranking has him as the nation’s No. 12 WR and the No. 62 overall recruit.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2023

This does not surprise me actually, Beck has been hitting short routes mostly (his high completion percentage backs this up) and he has not shown so far, the ability or the desire to hit the long routes with any regularity. Elite WRs want to know that there are going to be explosive routes hit every game because obviously, they want their stat sheet built up for interest by teams in the NFL draft.

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good luck young man. Keep an eye on us.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Angling for the most NIL money? I'm sure there are teams out there who are desperate and willing to pay more in NIL.

Best of luck to the young man.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Don't understand why he would lean towards FSU. FSU has only had 1 high draft pick at WR in 20 years (and he was a massive bust). UGA, with Mecole Hardman, George Pickens, Mohammed Massaqoui and A.J. Green has put a lot more WRs in the NFL during that time. This year while FSU has played a tougher schedule - LSU and 2 conference games - Georgia actually has more passing yards. Going to Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, Clemson or LSU would make a lot more sense than FSU as all have a much better recent track record of getting WRs drafted high.

Yes, it looks like FSU is trending upwards. But UGA is already #1. So picking FSU over UGA doesn't make a lot of sense.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just re-read the article his childhood friend has a Big influence on him. So Kirby might have to turn to the TP. We do need to Try to chuck the ball downfield more often if possible for Allot of reasons. If we can keep chalking up the W’s that’ll help.

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2023

Commitments are like 8th grade guys asking a girl "Will You Go With Me"

This guy was no more committed to Kirby than he was the three chicks he's tagging behind his old ladies back after the game Friday night.

Trust these recruits as far as you can throw them like this dude...

NIL has changed the game guys...the brothers have grandma, antie and more than likely a baby to tend too...the highest bidders will win almost always in the land of pay to play.

Good luck to this dude...I dont have to wish him anything other than...your word means nothing !

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am not surprised, recruiting is like high school kids dating, it can be hot one day and cold the next. Who knows why? I imagine his reason has already been noted in prior posts here. I don't think it is based on Carson not throwing deep balls, as he has far more completions of over 30 yards this year than Stetson did last year when Ny committed. NIL, friendships, closeness to FSU campus, or maybe he made too quick of a decision. Based on his play this year, I am sure other schools are coming at him hard. As much as I would like to see the kid stay with UGA, it is not like loosing the commitment of a 5 star stud like Pickens or Green. Just ask Auburn how much that stung. I am sure the coaches will bring in more talent to fill the position. We will never know, but maybe they already know who.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

Pretty frustrating that, as good as UGA recruits, UGA can't recruit GA's elite or elite wr's. NIL is having a bigger and bigger impact on recruiting. Congress (oh boy ) is working on putting some rules around NIL.

Maybe Raiola can recruit KJ Bolden to play WR (or both ways) for UGA. While RB by committee is appealing to recruits in a high punishment position, WR by committee is not a recruiting selling point. FSU is putting together a very good recruiting class.

BTW this is not a surprise. It has been rumored in recruiting circles since before the season.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

These guys are young teens...prom night is still a thing with them. Many commit and decommit. Anything can sway them...NIL, old friends, parents, grandparents, coaches, WR expectations....anything. UGA moves on....nothing new.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yep. Looks like. I really do hope the players take a good long look at stuff like this.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To what end? Like, are you hoping that players base their opinion of UGA on some comment section jackass's ignorant impulses? I sure don't.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With the QBs that UGA will have next year this young man might Really regret this decision. Strong friendships are great, but he might should’ve stuck with his initial gut feelings instead of letting his friend talk him out of coming to UGA.

But in honesty and fairness UGA has also benefited from such friendships. I realize that. Just keep posting the W’s and whether it’s HS, JUCO ranks or the TP, Kirby and his staff will land solid WRs to UGA.

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

You could see this coming when the other kid flipped! I f you don't want to work don't come here!

• Options
    DAWGHOUNDDAWGHOUND Posts: 23 ✭✭ Sophomore

This is to Ny Carr and all the other people that have made commitments. It is a very serious thing to make a commitment or it used to be, whether it be to a school or a bank loan or whatever, the old saying "your word is your bond". Now days these young kids haven't been taught that. There are exceptions that can be made such as the coach you wanted to be trained by left for another position. Some things that you haven't even thought of is when you committed you took a spot that coaches allocated to a position and that froze anyone else being considered. Some one who was really hoping to get a scholarship to Georgia but wasn't quite as far up the chart as you now has to look for another school to go to because the position has been filled. Think about it long and hard before you commit it is not just about you, a lot of other people are involved in your decision. GO DAWGS