Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia stock report: Kirby Smart sees hungry Bulldogs on the rise

SystemSystem Posts: 10,484 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia stock report: Kirby Smart sees hungry Bulldogs on the rise

ATHENS — Georgia football has yet to resemble the past two championship models, but Kirby Smart felt his team showed improvement on Saturday night.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hard to believe but we are now on Game 5. Next 8 games will tell us who we are.

First up, Auburn.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wow the disrespect for Beck is real. The guy throws for 337 3 TDs and rushes for 1 and you give more credit to the back up.

This kid has done nothing but improve and get more comfortable by the week and gets zero respect. Look across the landscape and he is doing better than most.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

First like I always say I Trust Kirby !! Now if you look at my Emotional comments on the Live thread on game day you wouldn’t think that.😀 But I do trust him.

Just keep posting the W’s and Two things happen 1) Get some of these injured guys back and No More injuries to starters, Hopefully. 2) Get the young guys more experience and develop unit chemistry. Sort of a Big IF in terms of no more injuries it Is football after all, but if these things happen we’ll be Right There at end of regular season !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good to see Daijun Edwards get the positive review. He has for the past two years been the guy who consistently moved the line for extra yards. Having him back healthy is absolutely essential to our team success.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Didn't really see a knock on beck. Even though it wasn't mentioned that he missed 2 completely wide open receivers. A little more power into arians pass and he's gone to the house. Beck completely overthrew Meeks. No bashing him though. He's still growing as a starter and nothing but appreciation for someone actually sticking to their commitment and staying at UGA.

Now could the same story play out with stockton/Vandergriff, we'll have to wait and see.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ha! I’m the same way. Every storm seems insurmountable when in the middle of it. This team is definitely different than others and each part has weaknesses and will need all elements to create success. Always get caught up with wanting the perfect offensive drive each time along with the perfect defensive stand when that just isn’t possible. Lastly, any starting QB is always under the microscope with each little glitch blown up to a huge deficit. Onward and Upward - Go DAWGS

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Carson Beck has shown incremental improvement each week. I don't think he has gotten better. He's already good. He has shown better because CKS has had Bobo loosen the leash on the QB as he proves more capable in games. Beck had a few errant passes but looks more comfortable directing the O every week. He still hasn't been pressured so it remains to be seen how he handles pressure on the pocket. But he looks comfortable and poised. He seems to be able to get into a rhythm easily when not pressured.

The 2 missed long throws were more on ASmith for misplaying the ball in the air and CKS for running different WR's into the game on every other play. Obviously Bobo and CKS were not in sync when Bobo called a deep post for the "Z" and CKS had slower Meeks in the game.

• Options
    edited September 2023

Beck looked great. You guys who are criticizing are the worst type of fans. 4 TDS and over 300 Yards. If Arian catches the BALL THAT HIT HIM IN BOTH HANDS then he has 400 yards passing.

Seriously, you critics of Beck need to take a deep breath and go back to your playstation or whatever you do that makes you think you know anything about football.

Beck is a straight up stone cold killer and you will be singing his praises. I will be serving the crow. Bite me!

Griffith please do better with the Beck PR. You are failing.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

I didn't read disrespect, Mike. Somebody gets his feelings hurt easily

• Options
    wpony714wpony714 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And if Brock doesn't get 110 YAC, Beck would have had less than 300 yards passing, 228 to be exact.

It's UGA's responsibility to handle PR for Beck. Beck is a lot of things, including undefeated as a starter, but stone cold killer? Not the description that lines up IMO.

• Options

Just because he doesn't go around all pissed off and angry looking. You guys are expecting him to be Stetson Bennett. He has a different personality. Stone Cold Killer is exactly what he is. Did you see The Wink. That is called quiet confidence dude.

• Options

I can only speak for myself. I have never said, nor thought he should be like Stetson. I just don't see anything that resembles a stone cold killer. Brock or Javon, sure. Carson? No.

Yes, I saw the wink. Did Steve Austin ever wink?

• Options

Meeks was a complete timing miss. Smith was a drop for an easy TD. Can't put that one on Beck.

You can look at most players even in a good game and see a few mistakes, but the body of work is certainly Stock up.

• Options

Yes, that was my take. Significant improvement should warrant a stock up. End of the day a stock up recognition from you or I will not matter. I do believe he has grown a bit over these 4 games and expect continued growth.

• Options

Grown a bit is a back handed compliment. Beck looked very very good. Great would of been hitting on both of his long balls. He clearly missed 1 of them. Maybe it is because he doesn't throw to Meeks very often. Timing is a real thing folks. Arian's ball was spot on and Arian flat out dropped it. You can't drop those.

I don't think a group of fans on here will ever be happy. What a miserable lot you guys are. 21 game winning streak, qb throws for 350+ 3 TDs and rushes for a TD and still can't give the kid his credit. I question your fandom.

When we win it all again please be quiet.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2023

No, Beck absolutely did NOT miss a wide open Smith. He hit him perfectly and Smith dropped it. That was very clear.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2023

That is EVERY quarterback’s numbers. I’m pretty sure Bowers didn’t just stand there and the ball magically appeared in his hands.

• Options

Yes, obviously. My point was in response to the idea that if Arian hadn't dropped that ball, Beck's numbers would have been 400+. It all evens out so no point in putting that on Arian unless you want to also credit other receivers, in this case Brock for YAC.

• Options

@MikeGriffith Serious question after rewatching the game for a 3rd time (yes I have no life…just looking at details) what did you see for Brock Vandagriff to “bring noticeable energy” and desrve stock up over Carson Beck? He had a good RPO, but IMO looked slow getting plays in and had similar short screens that Carson did with a lively team vs. Brock with a worn out UAB team. Not being a smart a$& just curious of your take when you rewatched the game. I do respect you, but felt there was a missed acknowledgment.

thanks