Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart braces for Auburn road trip: ‘It will be one helluva environment’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,693 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart braces for Auburn road trip: ‘It will be one helluva environment’

ATHENS — Kirby Smart has been an opposing player or coach at Auburn 11 times, twice as a Georgia safety, three times as the UGA head coach, once as an LSU assistant and five times as an Alabama assistant.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Sportsbuff13Sportsbuff13 Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

I like to drive in a truck

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"The last time Georgia traveled with a two-time defending national championship program into Auburn, the famous “Kick-Six” happened and the Alabama program Smart was once a part of was dethroned in a 34-28 loss."

OK, I wonder if @MikeGriffith is getting overworked. On Saturday he claims that Dan Lanning somehow built a moribund Oregon program into a title contender from scratch when Lanning is in his second season at a program that was winning 9-11 games a season before he got there and was loaded with talent recruited by Mario Cristobal (and Bryan McClendon). And now he claims that Georgia was somehow involved in that kick-six game? Or that Georgia was a two-time national championship football program at any time before now?

Even if he edits or removes that line, I don't get the point with this article. The kick-six was 10 years ago. Smart left Bama in 2016 and has had plenty of trips to Auburn, with the most prominent being the 2017 debacle. And that Auburn was actually more talented than the 2010 national title version. It came one play - or I could say bad play call - from winning the 2013 title. Meanwhile this Auburn team needed a late 4th quarter score to barely get by Cal 14-10 in a game where Auburn had 4 turnovers and 225 yards total offense. This same Cal was down 45-12 at halftime to Washington before UW called off the ... huskies and let them score 3 garbage time TDs to get the final margin within 30. So it has nothing to to with the Auburn-Georgia rivalry and even less to do with the game Saturday.

Auburn's only TD - and their second score overall - against A&M on Saturday came in garbage time in a game where Auburn had 56 yards passing offense. Even if Auburn does a better job defensively against UGA than South Carolina did a couple of weeks back it won't matter: Auburn's not going to score.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The energy level may be higher against the Dawgs than against the Aggies. I agree, Auburn is not an elite football team at present. Hugh Freeze assumed a shambles. UGA should win easily. The Dawgs are for sure better than the Aggies as well. KY might be a fun game.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Auburn's not going to score.", BINGO, thadec you win the "wise comment" of the day!.......given what they have been able to do against Cal and A&M , it is very reasonable to expect that The Dawgs will shut out Auburn......except, as it is Kirby's practice to clear the bench in the forth quarter when we have a substantial lead, which in turn allows the opponent a great opportunity to score. I believe that against Auburn if we have a shut out going into the 4th, we keep enough 1's, 2's and 3's to keep them out of the end zone.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 533 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

thadec recently said that he REALLY HOPES UGA players/recruits come and read what a semi-possibly racist comment that ONE person posted on here. ****? ONE commenter. Wow. He probably posted it all over his social media to hurt the Dawgs. He has always been sketchy and obviously a fan of some other school, but wishing hurt for the program over 1 fans comment? Yeah, true colors came blaring out on that one and whatever school he roots for, I always assumed Bama. But nah, totally unacceptable. 3 strikes for him. 100 strikes truth be known.