Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia QB Carson Beck adjusting to stardom, inks major NIL deal

SystemSystem Posts: 10,992 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia QB Carson Beck adjusting to stardom, inks major NIL deal

ATHENS — Carson Beck is living the Georgia quarterback life leading the No. 1-ranked team in the nation and now landing his first major NIL deal.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Screw the NIL Carson.....the ONLY commercial you and a Hell Cat should be involved in is a PSA warning......speed, DUI, even the QB of the #1 team in America will get SACKED!

• 78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 177 ✭✭✭ Junior

Beck will lose us at least one game this year.

• BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is how NIL was supposed to work. Earn playing time, make big plays and WIN. The collectives are a loophole around the original prohibition against pay for play.

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Amen. Everyone thought he would leave. Before he EVEN got to UGA, after Brock committed. I remember a quote back then from his HS coach, he said somethling to the effect that once Carson commits to something, he is the type to see it through, not afraid of competition, his coach said I do not believe he will go anywhere else. That's just not who he is. Well here we are 4-5 years later...Based on those words from his coach and ONLY those words, I never thought he would transfer. I would have understood for sure, but a little shocked. HS coaches got the 411 and he sounded very confident in Beck staying the course.

Just one observation on Beck. He brings zero energy. Not positive, not negative. NONE. And that can be a TREMENDOUS calm to the team when the things aren't going well and there is Carson, steady as a rock.

So that missing energy,that juice, has to come from somebody else and we have nobody really on offense except...Ladd McConkey. We need him back! And we need someone else to BRING THE POSITIVE ENERGY...Maybe Edwards now. Somebody to fill that void.

Then its game on!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good Comments !! Let me ask you a question, personality wise does Carson kinda remind you of David Greene ?? That Calm you talked about ?? I kinda get that vibe from him.

I think with every game played, every snap taken, Carson is gonna get better. I could sure be wrong. Been wrong many times before, but I think Carson can lead us to a 3Peat. Provided No More injuries And we get some guys back on Both O and D. Go Dawgs !!

• USADawgUSADawg Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Happy for Beck with NIL, although I am not sure any UGA player NIL deal should involve a commercial with a sports car given recent events. I know they don't show him going fast, but some folks may question the optics.

• BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 173 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let's hope that Beck hasn't caught the racing bug from some of his teammates...

• DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 266 ✭✭✭ Junior

Beck's living life large, which he has earned by being a DGD. Not many four stars would have sat it out for so long behind a two star, walk on. I hope he catches fire and develops into the best, most accurate long ball hurler UGA has ever had.

• DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 266 ✭✭✭ Junior