Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Why the Auburn game is a big deal for injured Georgia receiver Ladd McConkey

SystemSystem Posts: 11,029 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageWhy the Auburn game is a big deal for injured Georgia receiver Ladd McConkey

ATHENS – Ladd McConkey torched the Auburn secondary the last time he visited Jordan-Hare Stadium. He finished with 5 receptions for a career-high 135 yards and a touchdown in the 34-10 win over the rival Tigers. The game functioned as his breakout game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We really need Ladd back on the field. You can never have too many weapons and he is definitely a game changer. Good luck in practice this week Ladd! Go Dawgs!

• BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 178 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hoping our hero Ladd McConkey overcomes his back issues and is able to suit up to pagainst the Auburn Catbirds. My dream is to see him one day on the NFL field gathering in a long bonb for a touchdown!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OK it must be conceded that it’s possible Ladd won’t make the Auburn game, but hopefully he Will. But it’s also a Far cry from his Season being over as is being rumored by some.

I don’t get any indication at all that his Entire season is over from reading this article. But again I am preparing myself that he might miss this Auburn game.

The Good News is it seems he’s getting closer and closer to returning. Dawgs Need him and could sure use him on the field. I Love All the Dawgs, but Ladd is one of my favorite players. Hope you get well soon Ladd !! I’m lifting 🙏 for you !! Go Dawgs !!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To me, there is no such thing as an **** win regardless of opponent. At this point in the season, get the “W” and move on. The injury list is long, but most are not season ending. As players come back, our team will get stronger. Practice is important, but so is having fresh players coming available, especially star players, as the season moves past the quarter mark.

• CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

McConkey reminds me of Fred Biletnikoff; he runs precise patterns and doesn't drop the ball. And he does it without stickum.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No sense rushing 84 back before he is 100%. Why risk him getting reinjured and missing more important games later in the season? Especially now that 1, 4, 5, 6, 9, 11, 17, 18, 19 are getting their timing down w/15? Remember 7 should also be back w/in a week or 2.

Remember last year when AD got hurt in game 2 and came back for the SECCG?

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 786 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To your point, McConkey could have made a difference Saturday. Specifically:

• * He's fast enough to have gotten under the long ball that Meeks couldn't keep up with.
    • * And he wouldn't have misjudged the bomb that Ariel Smith mistakenly slowed down for.

Not trying to take away from our other WRs -- although A. Smith has made a few mistakes and Meeks isn't the guy whom we should depend for 40-50 yard gains.

Rosemy-Jacksaint has been the most dependable. My guess is that Lovett and Thomas will settle down, reduce their drops and run better routes . If Milton and Robinson come back, maybe Bell (who's a good possession receiver) will even get a chance to play his natural position!

But you can just see how McConkey is a unique weapon who will make a difference to our offense once he's back.

Just don't come too soon, Ladd! we need you to make sure that back doesn't get reinjured.

• Cali_DawgCali_Dawg Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophomore

Mad Ladd wasn’t even supposed to be a receiver until Monken joined the staff. He’s a three star that out shines 5 stars. It’s says two things the ratings system is flawed and Ladd has that dawg in him

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The rating system is about as good as it can be with the number of people that cover it. Their is some bias built in against white wrs and skill players like rbs, and cbs. I think we are starting to see people recognize that color has nothing to do with talent but the nfl is still figuring this out. Ladd would of been a 4 star if he were black.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think I want to risk Ladd on special teams unless he's just fair catching it.

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just Ladd's presence on the field, running routes has to be accounted for. His reputation at this stage of his recovery is golden, I know he will be cover and most likely double teamed..... I expect to see him doing just that and get no targets.....depending on how things go maybe one or two targets when Auburn figures out he's just a decoy.