Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football should learn a lot about its rushing attack against Auburn

SystemSystem Posts: 10,481 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football should learn a lot about its rushing attack against Auburn

ATHENS — Georgia linebacker Jamon Dumas-Johnson had a good quip about the Auburn rushing attack when speaking to reporters this week.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    WoodrowWoodrow Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

We really need for our OL to assert itself against Auburn. This will take the pressure off of Beck and allow him to relax in the pocket and when audibling out of a play at the LOS. I do think that Paul, Edwards, and Cash will be essential in our run game as well as Bowers in the play actions. We are going to need our receivers to catch every pass they can to keep drives alive.

• Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think I've been a UGA fan too long because I'm rather skeptical at this point in the year. I agree with Woodrow, that the OL needs to assert itself, but I don't think it will. If they could dominate the LOS they would have. They are talented and a good team but lack something. There is a spark missing in the trenches on both sides of the ball. They were mean and disciplined, so far they look like they are more worried being pretty than being sound. Dumas-Johnson's cocky take on LB vs RB shows the mentality has crept into the locker room. They don't respect their opponents. Why say something so brash to the press? Why not give some cliche about how great they are and we're going to give our best? The answer is reflected in the rushing yards and lack of focus at the end of the half.

Happy to eat crow on this take, but I'll remain skeptical until my plate is served. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    JimBobJimBob Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophomore

I agree with both natejaws and wooddrow. Both lines are lacking and I'l believe they can do thier job when I actually see it. If you can not dominate Tn Martin, UAB and Ball state, then you have a problem.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With all respect and no sarcasm to the comments here. But remember the second half of the SC game. They sacked Rattler twice and caused him to throw INTs twice, not to mention they flushed him out of the pocket and had him running around all over the place unable to plant and throw the ball.

Rattler is a Far more experienced QB now, and dangerous. YES it took locker room adjustments to make the difference, but they Did in fact make the necessary changes and it really showed in the second half.

Y’all already know this but just trying to drive home the point. This year is The Most injuries in Kirby’s time at UGA. Plus he and his staff are trying to develop a bunch of Very Talented But inexperienced young players. There’s a ton of “new” on this team. But if any HC and staff can coach Em up and grow Em quickly it’s Kirby and his staff !!

Just Keep getting the W’s. Score doesn’t matter so much just WIN, that’s Completely matters. If the Dawgs can win all their regular season games not many people will care about the score. Go to and Win the SECCG and our Dawgs Are In the playoffs !!

By the time regular season is over this team will be Much Better !! Mark it down !! P.S. Remember Dawgs had slow starts and some times sloppy defense in Both National Title years !! It’ll come around. Just gotta Win. We cannot afford a loss, That could give the already biased Committee an excuse to bar us from the playoffs !! Winning All regular season games is a Must. Scores not so much.