Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

SEC Power Rankings: Georgia making history but sideshows capturing national attention

SystemSystem Posts: 10,706 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageSEC Power Rankings: Georgia making history but sideshows capturing national attention

ATHENS — The national media attention is bouncing all over the country, from one sideshow and tending topic to the next.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mike - I like your rankings except I would rank Oregon higher. I agree that Washington may be the best team in the country. Also not sure Ohio State is that much better than Michigan but time will tell. Thanks for posting your rankings.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Washington is playing some strong football as is Penn State, much to the glee of my brother. UGA will play much better ball once a full and healthy squad is fielded. Elite players count. Surely do. Especially this year. Auburn will be a tough win for UGA.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A Very good friend of mine and former shipmate, Like a brother to me is a big Penn St. fan so I eyeball them some when I can. Be nice for me to get revenge on him for when his Lions beat Herschel and Coach Dooley !! I’d get the last laugh. 😀

But Right Now at THIS particular moment in time I wouldn’t want to play them. Dawgs are only gonna get Better and Stronger as they go along. Just keep posting the W’s and Don’t stumble !!! We’ll be there when the regular season is over !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I look at injured players coming back as a luxury that could propel us to dominance but I'm not counting on it.

I'm more concerned with bringing along the younger players and the transfer wrs. I think this will pay dividends in a big way.

I'm not sure right now if injured guys coming back or younger players impacting our season is what will project us back to dominance. The 3rd option is we won't win it all this year because neither of the other 2 things will happen.

Are we good enough to win it all right now? Maybe on 2 or 3 good days in a row (SECCG and PGs).

I am not a betting man. However, I will wager that out of the 3 possiblities presented above we get a little of 1 (injured players coming back) and mostly 2 (younger guys stepping up and becoming factors). I still don't think we lose a game this year but I do think we have a couple more close calls.

• Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Washington? C’mon man. I’ve defended you when I think you’re being villainized. Washington? They might be fourth-best in their conference. You might be high on them. They might be that good. But throwing a national vote down for Washington gives off the appearance of being fashionable. It insults me as a reader. I may be old school, but #1 has to be taken. Not given.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IMO you've got Ohio State and Bama a bit high. Ought to be: OSU 7, Oregon 8, Tide 9 -- and maybe Oregon even higher.

We've earned three or lower. But I have faith that our injured guys will come back strong and we'll make a very good impression over the next couple of weeks.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I watched Tennessee, greatest entrance in the land for a good laugh. It didn’t disappoint!!

Everybody outside of Knoxville knows that’s a joke!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 992 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The ONLY way to be #1 is to earn it......beat The Dawgs or The Dawgs lose and get jumped over by an undefeated team....Mike, Georgia's win from behind over South Carolina is better than any win by Washington....when they win at JH over Auburn will be even more proof they remain the #1 team in America. Texas win over Bama in Tuskerville is good enough for #2.....after that it's your favorite flavor....I happen to like Big Blue, but I'm swayed by my Michigan grad wife and her whole Big Blue Family.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The greatest thing about the Dawgs this year...is that, it's the 5th game of the season and all of their backups, have enough playing time, now...to be considered experienced "starters". And, that's next year's team.

They'll have experienced talent, all over the field this week. "Kirby's Heroes" are now, ready...not just for "This Season"...but, next season, as well. Bowers, McConkey and other Junior NFL Prospects...may even return for their 4th Natty and a shot at The Heisman, in 2024. NIL being what it is...money, won't be the deciding factor...IMO.

UGA will blow everybody off the field, going forward. I don't understand, how people that make their money "analyzing CFB",...can't see what's happening in Athens and why UGA is apparently "starting slow". I keep thinking..."They'll catch up.". But, that doesn't seem to be the case. Lol

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nicely done.

A lot of people don't understand football well at all. Plenty don't understand what Kirby's doing or how Georgia's program works or how Georgia wins games. They don't get it at all.

We very much need to get a whole lot better. We also need the win over the Tiger Eagle. As I see it, nothing is guaranteed. The games are played for a reason.

Go, Dawgs!