Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Instant Observations: Brock Bowers lifts Georgia over Auburn, 27-20

SystemSystem Posts: 10,539 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageInstant Observations: Brock Bowers lifts Georgia over Auburn, 27-20

AUBURN, Ala. – Brock Bowers lifted Georgia to a 27-20 win over Auburn with a Heisman Trophy campaign-worthy performance.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    deputydogdeputydog Posts: 132 ✭✭✭ Junior

Much much trepidation about the defense, I always thought the defense would give UGA the edge. I am not sure anymore.

• Options
    USADawgUSADawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess my theme for this year is “just win, baby!”

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If the Playoff Committee takes a SERIOUS look at Today across the SEC, our So Called “Weak Schedule” narrative should go away. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2023

You aren’t sure anymore?

Besides Brock Bowers, the UGA defense gave this road win to Georgia considering the offense turned it over 2 times that led to 14 points.

the Defense will be fine.

The offense needs to stop sleepwalking in the first half of EVERY SINGLE GAME THIS SEASON. That is 5 games now, which means it is a HABIT, not a HICCUP.

Proud of Carson in that second half.

Now do it during an entire game, and the stars may align for this team.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

Bowers for the Heisman!!

Dawg's defense simply is not as good as the last 2 years. We gave up 219 yards of rushing to a team who had 200 TOTAL yards against Texas A&M last week. We aren't as dominate or disruptive. We gave up some big plays. Dawgs ranked 114th in Red Zone defense and we haven't even played any good teams!!

O-Line needs improvement, but overall protected Beck pretty well in the pocket.

Beck played good for his first SEC road game and 5th start. He made a few bad or questionable throws into tight coverage but his decision making was mostly a solid B.

Woodring's kicking improvement was a pleasant surprise.

KY will be a handful next weekend with their stout defense and one-man-wrecking machine in Davis who ran all over Florida today with record-setting rushing numbers.

Dawgs should drop in the polls.

A win is a win but the Dawgs made this game MUCH harder than it needed to be.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

KY buried FL...I see KY the best yet against UGA. This game should not have been so close!

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just don’t believe we have any idea who this team is or will be as the season progresses. They are resilient but there just shouldn’t be the need for such resiliency with many of these games. I’m just not sure if it is play calling or execution and likely a bit of both. It did seem that Monken knew which buttons to push given the different game situations but maybe I’m just remembering the good times. Definitely need some consistency and an identity to emerge

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not sure why this isn't being mentioned but Georgia had 3 sacks. Granted, all were by linebackers, but they were sacks against QBs who are mobile.

Also, the INT was not Beck's fault. The ball was on time and on target. Whenever a DB is behind a WR and fights through a WR's back for the ball, that is on the WR for not making a play on the ball.

Downside: right now UGA has two reliable playmakers on offense: Bowers and Edwards. While getting McIntosh back will help, badly need a WR to step up.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Georgia is not the #1 team in the country. Period. We're all worried about Kentucky next week, but shudder to think about playing Oregon or Michigan or even Bama? Dawgs would get waxed. There I said it.

We miss Jalen Carter up the middle. Wish Bear had stayed... he'd be another star in the making. Looking more and more like Stetson was not just a game manager. I can guarantee he wouldn't have overthrown Delp up the seam like Beck did. Or Arian last week.

It is what it is. Hopefully this adversity will help the team grow up, but we all said the same last week. Auburn is a dreadful team and UGA made them look good. We will obviously get everyone's best shot. The turnovers are a problem.

Bowers is THE BEST player UGA has had since Herschel. That hole next year will be huge. If the Dawgs can somehow play a complete game next week....ahhh forget it.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We won. We need to get a whole lot better right fast. We'll see.

That said, every win is good, very good. Sometimes an ügly win turns out to be pivotal.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

i think the Dawgs offense grew up today in the second half, the o-line looked better and Beck, with the help of Bowers, put on a show down the stretch. I too wonder about the slow starts. I don’t know if it’s conservative play calling or a lack of confidence Fromm Bobo in Beck. The coaches know way more than any of us because they work with these guys daily. I’m just proud for the win because honestly, when the 2nd half started and we turned the ball over, I was thinking, this might be the end of the streak. But the Dawgs found a way and Brock Bowers would not be denied.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2023

@Henddawg

What buttons did Monken push in 2020 when UGA wasn't nearly as talented on offense as they were in 2022? Could have used those buttons in a year where UGA didn't even win the SEC East. What buttons did he push in the 2021 SECCG against Alabama? In 2021 and 2022 I guess it was the "not having to play backups, guys out of position and walkons due to injuries and losses to the transfer portal" button.

• Options

First off let me say we NEED Javon Bullard back And in Full health as soon as possible. Kirby calls him the Field General. In addition to his skill and athleticism, we need his Experience, Leadership and Communication skills. He would be of Big help.

Auburn at home is a tough game in most cases, Regardless of how bad a year their having ( just look at their history there).

So like I said earlier I’ll sure take this Nasty W over a Beautiful L. BUT this Dawgs team is gonna have to get Much Better and Quick. Like for instance next week vs KY !! I’m glad we play them in Athens, that should help some.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

AP poll prediction:

Texas #1 (beat ranked Bama and KS)

Michigan #2

Dawgs #3

You could flip-flop us and Michigan if you want, but I don't think Auburn is that much better than NE.

• Options
    FishingDawgFishingDawg Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore

Like BA. I'm not very smart, but I do know this, if you don't have containment there is a good chance that defeat is just a play away. Blame whoever you want, but it needs to be corrected.

• Options
    Mosesnatty41Mosesnatty41 Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

We will not make the playoffs with Beck and Bobo. period.

• Options

Outside of Brock Bowers being MVP of this game, which he was Great !! Kirby Smart deserves Allot of appreciation to. Unlike ME he never panicked or lost confidence in his team. The players See that and I believe keep Their confidence because of it.

These Dawgs have a Huge uphill fight to Keep the Ntl. Title Trophy coming to Athens. But as I’ve said like a broken record if anybody can do it in CFB it’s Kirby and his staff. Go Dawgs !!

• Options

You might well be right Bro. but as long as we’re in that top 4 AND much more importantly keep posting W’s we’ll be right there at end of season. Losing the number one status at This juncture would only hurt pride, which might turn out to be a Good thing.

Just Stay in that top 4 and we’ll have as good a shot as anyone st end of regular season. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

KY just manhandled FLa today. THeir RB ran for around 300 yards! Better fix the run defense and quick!