Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia favored over Kentucky by more than two touchdowns in SEC East showdown

SystemSystem Posts: 10,457 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia favored over Kentucky by more than two touchdowns in SEC East showdown

ATHENS — Georgia has protected its home turf like few others under Kirby Smart, and the oddsmakers have taken notice.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    T_DawgT_Dawg Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

Time to make some money.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hate to say it but take Kentucky and the points. The Dawgs haven't covered the spread yet this season and Kentucky will be their toughest challenge yet. I hope they cover with room to spare but that won't happen unless they play at an elite level, something they have yet to do this season.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’d Dearly Love to see our Dawgs cover At Least 14 points over Kentucky. They Can but not sure if they Will. Over 14 points the experts are sayin ?? Hmmm either not much faith in Kentucky or Allot of faith in our Dawgs. Playing them at night in Athens helps Big Time !! I trust Kirby our Dawgs will get it done. Score I don’t know. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree and haven’t researched but the dawgs seem to have great success with noon kickoffs.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree on the noon games. But for some strange at least to Me we don’t have many night games. So UGA will get to show off the multimillion $$$ light system they installed a couple years back and I think our Home Crowd will go absolutely bonkers !!! Our Dawgs will feed on that energy and I think, Hope, play harder vs Kentucky. Should be an exciting and challenging game. In the end I think our Dawgs prevail. I’m just not so sure if by a 14+ points margin. Sure would be Great if that does happen though !!

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kentucky had no significant games before their FL win. However, their QB looked very capable, the offensive line and running game more than capable. Their defense impressed me most with very large front four with the athleticism we appreciated at UGA in 2021 and 2022. They were quite quick on the edge and tackled extremely well. I know I'll get a lot of vote downs for this one, but unless we play our very best with much better defensive execution, this could have an unpleasant outcome for us. I hope not.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

KY beat the Gators down. It was epic. THeir Rb had arond 300 yards rushing. THat's unheard of today.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kentucky and Georgia have played a common opponent - Ball state. Almost the same score. To say that UGA is 2 TDs better is ridiculous. The dogs need to stack the box and force them to throw. Base defense at Auburn nearly lost the game. I thought Kirby had more brains than that.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Both teams will focus on stopping the run. We've definitely got the advantage at QB and in the passing game. IF we can tighten up, protect the edges, and stuff or at least slow down their run game then Dawgs will prevail. Hopefully, this recent lackluster defensive performance will motivate these players at home! Expecting a brutal week of practice for the defense. Gotta get back to fundamentals.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

15-point favorite, really?

If I were Kentucky I'd see that as disrespectful and do nothing but motivate the Wildcats more...

• Options
    GrogersGrogers Posts: 16 ✭✭ Sophomore

I hate to say it, but we'll be lucky if we only LOSE by 2 touch downs. This is the worst defense I have seen at UGA in the Kirby Smart Era. I agree they are trying hard, but they can't get off blocks, the whoever is containment on the edge is MIA. I have never seen a Smart defense miss tackles like this one.