Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football stock report: Road win at Auburn proves revealing

2»

Comments

• thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2023

@reddawg1 I agree that Bowers bailed UGA out on Saturday. But I believe that a healthy Milton and a fully healthy McConkey will make a big difference. I am also hoping that Smart and Bobo reward Dillon Bell by giving him a regular role in the passing offense. More so because I don't think that the incumbent regulars - who are only putting up about 40 yards a game, not getting separation downfield or over the middle or getting yards of the catch - haven't done enough to merit their current roles and want to give someone else a shot. If they can't do that for reasons, then at least remove the slot WR and play Oscar Delp instead to help get the running game going like last year.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think Milton is a good back, I don't see what others see in him. I just don't. I hope he gets healthy and proves me wrong. He seems wooden to me.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

A couple things.

The "Bowers bailed out Georgia/Beck/Bobo" line makes no sense. Was he throwing the ball to himself? Was he off doing something else with his life before suddenly taking pity on Georgia and deciding to go suit up for them in the second half of this game? No. He's a Georgia player who had a big game. His success is the team's success. He didn't "bail out" anyone. And I'm sure he'd be the first to tell y'all that. For weeks people were insisting that he needed to get the ball more. Then he lights up a rival and it's, "oh well Bowers bailed us out." Ugh.

Secondly, it seems like every week people say such-and-such should be "stock down." There hasn't been a Stock Down category in these articles for some time now. I guess to avoid the perception of being unnecessarily harsh or unfair to the players. But whatever the reason for it, just interpret "stock even" as the equivalent of stock down.

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You saw a healthy Milton for about 4 games last year and he looked great. Problem is he wasn't healthy often enough.

Edwards is doing great and Bell is a nice surprise.

• doubledawg1990doubledawg1990 Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not sure if it's OLB or DE's (maybe even at times ILBs), but our outside contain has been almost non-existent. I've seen Smael Mondon, JDJ, Chaz Chambliss, CJ Allen (others?) out of position on off-tackle or outside run plays - consistently. I'm not a football expert but something is wrong out on the edge that wasn't an issue in the past two years. Not even after Nolan Smith was hurt and out last year. Does anybody with more football knowledge (most people probably :-) ) know what's going on?

When I watch our defensive linemen, I just feel like we're a little light in the britches. It doesn't feel like we've got the mass. Seems to me we're getting pushed around alot moreso than usual.

Brock Bowers didn't bail us out? I must have watched a different game. He throws defenders out of the way with one hand. He's a TE but he outruns the secondary on his way to a score, he made 2 one handed catches in a row on balls thrown behind him on that last drive. He had over 100 yards receiving in the 4th quarter alone! Yeh, he's just one of many. No. He's the best TE ever to play at UGA and probably in the top 3-4 to ever play for UGA period and he's also one of the top 3-4 players in America. THey don't grow them on trees. Load up the highlight reel and only Hesrchel has had more jaw dropping moments. I guess Herscel didn't bail us out against Notre Dame either.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

None of that has anything to do with my point. I'm not disputing the significance of his performance. I have no reason to.

Your initial point was people were making it too much about Bowers. No? Eveyone understands Beck got him the ball. No one's ****. But if you can't appreciate how he took over the game against SC and again against Auburn I have no words. All humble players wil say it's about the team because it is, and Bowers gave credit for CB getting the ball to him. Are you saying as fans or as Sports Writers we shouldn't give credit to whom credit is due? I'm pretty sure Kirby gave him the game ball if we have that tradition. So, who is your beef with? Would you rather their jerseys not have their individual names on them like Notre Dame? That would really make it about the team.