Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Carson Beck earns praise from Kirk Herbstreit, Kirby Smart following first road win for Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,462 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageCarson Beck earns praise from Kirk Herbstreit, Kirby Smart following first road win for Georgia

ATHENS — Carson Beck will have more impressive statistical performances than he did on Saturday. He threw for 313 yards on 33 pass attempts. His first touchdown didn’t come until his final throw of the game, a 40-yard connection with Brock Bowers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Not having any pre-snap penalties in that environment is impressive for Beck as well as the entire offense."

THIS^^^^^ a 1000 times this!!!!

Go Dawgs! Hate on 'Cats!!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In Carson I trust.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Herbstreit is rat poison! Don't listen! Remember that you were brought along deliberately to learn the game and the Kirby Smart system so that you can lead us to another Natty not to mention incredibly good fortune for yourself. We've not performed as we thought we would so far this year, and maybe that's the best thing that could have happened to us on our way to another National title. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All in all Beck has done very well as far as I’m concerned. He’s done and doing his job. It’s a Team effort after all.

But there are elements ( players and maybe Coaches to) that need to ramp up Their game to help support Beck and the rest of the team to win. It’s all coming together slowly but surely. Don’t call me Shirley !! 😀

But seriously, just Please get the W on Kentucky, personally I’m not sweating the score. Go to Vandy Stay Focused get the W there, and get into the Crucial Bye Week !!!

I think vs Kentucky might be the Turn The Corner game for our Dawgs with a W. During the Bye week injured guys can get healthy, tons of film can be watched, Hard work in practices and the Team get Better. Get ready then to run the rest of the gauntlet.

Hopefully at that point Beck and the rest of our Dawgs will roll into Jax 7-0 and ready to beat down the Mud Lizards !!! Y’all sure Know Beck is gonna want to do Really Well in Jax as he’s from there !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Get ballin' out and leading us to victory, Beck! There's a lot of us pulling for you.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Talkin to family (my sons), friends, and strangers.....my neighbors in AZ who are mostly from the north west or mid west... always have a comment when I wear my Dawg attire, seem to always focus on.. "I bet you wish that Bennett guy was still your QB"......I remind them that The Dawgs got more than enough from SBIV and now we have an even better QB in Carson Beck! With Stetson, you were either singing his praise or cussing his bone headed miscues.....thankfully his praise won out! Having witnessed CB coolly navigating The Dawgs through tough competition and points deficits to victory, confirms what Kirby is always saying about Carson....."composure"......Carson Beck is The Dawg QB 1!

Though Mr Beck is not perfect.....he's working toward that allusive goal......my only critique would be.....Carson when your check downs are covered and you see green......run like hell is on your heals......a slide!