Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia not expected to blow out Vanderbilt like recent years, per oddsmakers

SystemSystem Posts: 10,533 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia not expected to blow out Vanderbilt like recent years, per oddsmakers

ATHENS — Kirby Smart has found a theme for this season’s version of Georgia football, and he’s probably not going to let it go.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA will bury Vanderbilt. Come on, Mike.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol...right? It may not be a "high-scoring affair"...and, Vandy might score a few points (6 pts)....but, there will be no doubt to somebody that knows what to look for. Like, over the last six weeks, for instance. How many of those "Geniuses" saw last Saturday coming?

The only question in my mind, is..."Has Kirby's Dawgs finally forgiven Vanderbilt for "The 2020 Snub" that cost that Senior Class a record?".

I think "not". UGA 54.....Vandy 6.

UGA Note to the League....[Party's over...it's "ON"...from here, on out.].

With all the Freshmen that got to see the field, over the last 6 weeks........The Dawgs, now have Team 1A & Team 1B...either of which, could beat any team in the Country. They don't depend on a style, or group of players or Super Stars. They're a Unicorn, that College Footbal has never seen. How do you beat a team like that?

Lol...it's no wonder the High-Dollar Gum-Flappers & Prognosticators, didn't see em comin'. Lol....they'll catch up. Maybe, next year.

• Options
    CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@thadec @BigDawg61 Bwahaha !!!! Loving what Both of Y’all are saying !! Blast their anchor to pieces !!! @thadec And I agree about replacing them with NC State. That’s a great selection on your part.

I don’t know what the score will be I just hope No Slow Start !! And I honestly don’t think the Dawgs will start slow. I think they will be in attack mode right off the bat. Kirby’s gonna want to give as many guys playing time as possible. Go Dawgs Close the Dores !!! 😂

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

Agree 100%. This should be like a solemn oath each team has to take that no matter what, Vandy will continue to pay for that absolutely ridiculous charade of a team and university. @thadec is exactly right about the kicking situation. Living in Nashville, one is subjected to the political correctness that spews from that school and that was the icing on their cake. They played that up here in the media as if Vandy was above all other football programs with that garbage. I hope it is always 66-0 and they just pour it on until the final whistle.

Not only did they make a joke of their program but they stole a game from the DAWGS, their fans, and the seniors and cost the city of Athens lots of revenue. They are a joke of a program and it would be awesome to have them dropped from the conference or to significantly cut the revenue sharing they get. Their stadium is terrible and is even worse joke this year with their renovations that take forever. If A&M can basically tear down and rebuild their stadium in time for the next season, surely Vandy with all their revenue can make a few adjustments to that high school stadium they have. After all, they get over $40MM each year from the conference and contribute absolutely nothing in football. They certainly haven’t spent any money on facilities even after this is complete.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

Beck should not be pulled until the forth.....I get and appreciate Kirby's "21 point" rule but this is Vandy and as thadec made the case, we still owe them.... might as well be playing Sewanee, (charter sec member, left in 1940) so it's score until they stop us. In the forth play the 2's, 3's and any body else that made the travel squad. Mizzo held them to 21 at home so I'm thinking we keep it much lower....< 14. Least we forget.....The Dawgs are THE HUNTERS and it's Commodore season in Nashville Brocktober 14!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I do expect to see Kirby call the Dawgs off in the late 3rd - early 4th quarter. It's better to get your starters out of harm's way, while building depth by playing as many of the young players as possible.

Kirby doesn't care about the stats; he cares about the SECCG and the two play-off games. Rest - protect your starters, while developing your 2nd-3rd string players.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THe goal would be to get our starters out as quick as possible to avoid injuries in meaningless minutes.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would really like to get a good look at both Stockton and BVG so we can have a good idea who will be our QB next season. Is it just me or does BVG appear to shot put the ball sometimes?

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The most points scored by a single team, and the most lopsided final score in college football history, occurred on October 7, 1916 when Georgia Tech beat Cumberland 222–0. We need to set a new record: UGA 224 - Vandy 0.