Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

How baseball helps Carson Beck best handle the pressure of being Georgia’s quarterback

SystemSystem Posts: 10,671 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageHow baseball helps Carson Beck best handle the pressure of being Georgia’s quarterback

ATHENS — Baseball was on Kirby Smart’s mind when speaking to reporters on Monday. Not because the Atlanta Braves host the Philadelphia Phillies in a crucial playoff game later this evening but because of how his quarterback played on Saturday against Kentucky.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congrats to Carson on his co-SEC player of the week. His calm under pressure is evident. He is quieting a lot of his critics. Solid leader. I like what I see. Will be an interesting last half of the season. UGA could do this three-peat thing for sure.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He looked as confident as I’ve seen him look all season. Having most of his tools back in the tool box definitely helps but he has really grown into the role and has great command and poise. He seems to be throwing more now than seemingly aiming the ball - I believe he is past the fear of making mistakes. He looked awesome and looking forward to watching him, and this team, continue to grow into their roles. Go DAWGS

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 256 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nice story! He’s showed his toughness and ability to play moment by moment. Cery exciting to see him get in rhythm. Looking forward to the continued growth of him and the offense.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is the Carson I have been telling people about. He looks very comfortable now. He is seeing the field and throws some really nice tight passes that get there in a hurry.

I think this game was actually his B+ game and he can do better. I can see him throwing for 6 tds and no picks. He is that great.

Love how this kid stuck with the team. He is a very talented guy and potential first rounder and Heisman candidate. I think they have Bowers at 13th and Beck at 15th in the Heisman odds right now.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CBeck certainly is starting to prove that he can sit back in a clean pocket and pick a D apart. He has not proven yet how he handles pressure in his face from a top team in a close game.