Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jermaine Burton, other former Georgia players stepped up big in other SEC games

SystemSystem Posts: 10,493 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageJermaine Burton, other former Georgia players stepped up big in other SEC games

ATHENS — Former Georgia players Jermaine Burton and Major Burns played major roles in SEC victories on Saturday, a fact most UGA fans surely noted.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Burden has proven to be a low life piece of crap that if you recall pushed that girl when they lost to Tennessee claiming he was scared. -Glad he is gone.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry…..but I don’t see the point…..

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Jermaine who?

never heard of him.

Go DAWGS!

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After seeing his attitude in that game, glad he decided to move on.

go dawgs!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't see the need to report about the doings of FORMER Bulldogs (although the stat about 11 former plays starting at other FBS schools is eye-popping). But about Burton specifically, I think actions like his won't be stopped until the SEC steps in and starts offering some sort of post-game discipline for such actions. I mean, sort of surprised that most Bama staffers and players just let him yak until one finally guided him away from the crowd. But I'm an old-school guy. I think there should be penalties for that, for pre-game "celebrations" on the 50 yard line, for any sort of post-play taunting or trash talking. Just play the game, make the tackle or make the catch or do whatever, get up and do it again. For 60 minutes. And may the best team (of players, not trash talkers) win. Go Dawgs

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IMO....There's nothing wrong with a little trash talkin'. The "game" is supposed to be fun. Nothing wrong with a little friendly jibing. However....I draw the line, there. You start putting your hands on the Fans...particularly girls...I got a real problem with that.

• Options
    mnbdawgmnbdawg Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

Burton had more catches and yards in that game, 9 for 197, than in the first five games combined, 8 for 189. One game does not make him a star.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

Only Mike “Peter” Griffin has an infatuation of past Georgia players who stopped playing for UGA, we don’t give 2 💩 about players who didn’t want to dawn the red and black. Know your audience Peter! Incoming Justin fields article within the week …his man crush!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't see the need to report about the doings of FORMER Bulldogs….”

Great post! Could not agree with this more!

Go Dawgs (that stayed)!!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

Burton went full Diva after each play he made. Sports were about sportsmanship . Sportsmanship is about competition, pushing for excellence and respecting the competition. Trash talking is just poor sportsmanship, lack of respect and immature juvenility.

Another article i saw today on SDS UGA is tied for 1st least penalized team in the SEC and 2nd least penalized yards per game. CKS preaches composure. How many times have we seen lose of composure hurt a team or cause a loss. It is nice to see a team where players are composed and taking care of team business not pushing personal vendettas and showboating.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would tend to agree with you @BigDawg61, except it never stops at "a little trash talkin.'' It always escalates, and becomes more about attention to themselves than to the team. Now, even when guys don't make the catch, or run for no gain, they STILL get up talking smack. They'll say later, that they were just firing up themselves or their teammates. I say, call some early penalties on that stuff and you'll see it stop. Again, I'm old school. I watch games to see the game, not to see a bunch of people yell at each other. We got First Take for that. lol

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Burton is dead to me.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 384 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Burton is a very good football player. Is he a very good person? Not so much.