Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Upset chances for Georgia opponents, Tennessee tops remaining schedule

SystemSystem Posts: 10,561 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageUpset chances for Georgia opponents, Tennessee tops remaining schedule

ATHENS — Kirby Smart and his staff have two more weeks to sharpen this Georgia football team before the most difficult part of the schedule arrives.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭ Junior

My most difficult to least UT, Ole Miss, FL, Mizz, Tech and Vandy

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The only game we need to focus on is Vandy.....Sunday we can see how The Gators came out against The Game **** in Columbia and then plan accordingly......predictions at this stage of the season are pie in the sky speculation and are worth nothing.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

asserted their dominance against a No. 24-ranked Kentucky team with a 51-13 victory.______@MikeGriffith

Mike...Kentucky was ranked #20 at the time of the beat down. To maintain "consistency in reporting"....that's how it should be referenced.....as it is with every other team in the FBS.

just sayin'..

BTW....What did I tell you, regarding Rosemy-Jacksaint?. He will be UGA's Williams, Waddle or Smith...by the time they get to the Florida game. The connection between, Rosemy, Bowers, Beck and Thomas will be a must-see show, every Saturday....going forward.

And, Edwards, Milton and Bell will be putting on a show of their own, behind one of the best offensive lines I've ever seen, in Athens.

Mews is gonna break a few returns, before the end of the year...and the Defense is gonna be responsible for a hundred points on the board.

Who do think the Dawgs "can't stop", and must outscore in a "track meet"? They aren't playing LSU, which I think would be the most dangerous team for the Dawgs.

IMO....Tennessee, Ole Miss and Mizzou, don't have the defensive hosses to stop em. The Dawgs don't "depend" on a ground game or air-show....though, they can play either style at an "elite level".

The only question is....which of the 3, can keep the game close into the 4th qtr.?

I think Mizzou is "that team"....if UGA has 4 or 5 turnovers and a discipline melt-down. Lol....I don't see that happening, any more than I saw the GT win over Miami...[coming with less than a minute remaining, last Saturday].

Soooo....you're sayin' there's a chance. Lol....covering the UGA Bulldogs has GOT to be the easiest gig in Journalism, these days. And, the best. I like the way you guys have handled the last few years, withe few exceptions. Keep up the great work.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now that is funny no matter what.

What it would take: UGA team-wide availability issue

Great line @MikeGriffith and good analysis. That made my day

• Options

Bottom line....

If you can't stop UGA's Offense...run the football...win the Turnover/Penalty/Special Teams battle [discipline]....and....you are forced to "pass the ball for over "400 yds".......fuggidabout'it!

Tennessee's ONLY hope...is that, the game will be played a couple of hours up the road, in Knoxville. But....Dawg Fans travel...and, will turn that into a "Home Game". IMO.

"No Hope"...or "Low Hope"...that's the only two options, for UGA's Competition. Lol...if the game's in Athens....it's "No Hope". If the game is "Away"....it's "Low Hope".

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

Mistakes (ie too many costly penalties and/or turnovers) are about the only thing that could derail our season with a loss...so basically, us beating ourselves is the only way I see the Dawgs laying an egg against any of these teams.

• Options
    edited October 2023

Exactly...and, that's NOT gonna happen. The Dawgs are tied for #1 in the FBS...[The Least Penalized Team]. Now....THAT is "elite" and speaks loudly as to the discipline and mindset of this Bulldog "team".

Talent, schematics and everything else aside...if you are capable of playing "mistake-free football", you give yourself "a chance". Nobody can match UGA, in that aspect, either. That's why I characterize the Dawgs competition with...."Low Hope" if you get em at home...and...."No Hope" in Athens. At least, that's the way I see it, in 2023.

I love this year's soon-to-be....record-breaking "Team".

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OK I know people have to be very careful when talking about how teams played each other. A shining example is KY decimating UF, then only the next week our Dawgs Destroy KY. So I understand and appreciate that factor.

I don’t have my SEC schedule in front of me as I’m posting this but I think KY plays TN before our Dawgs play TN. Again I’m not so naive not to realize comparing how opponents played each other can be, IS risky business. But I’m gonna be interested to see how KY fares vs TN.

Regardless I believe ( with one proviso) that our Dawgs Can and Will run the table including beating TN. The one proviso is if ( Please No !!!) we have Another terrible rash of injuries.

Dawgs are getting Healthier and Better at a BAD time for our rivals !!!! They would never Say it but I bet their Thinking it, rival fans are thinking Oh No here we go again !!! Go Dawgs !!! 3Peat !! 3Peat !! 3Peat !!

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The crowd noise at Neyland worries me, not the Vols themselves. But the Ole Miss Offense is my biggest concern.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The game you have to play next should always be the focus. A whole season can be derailed by looking ahead and not paying proper attention to your next opposition.

• Options

Very true. No matter how good you are.

Just look at Miami....Tortoise & the Hare, my friend.