Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart responds to Mark Stoops’ NIL comments: ‘I’m not biting on that’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,478 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart responds to Mark Stoops’ NIL comments: ‘I’m not biting on that’

ATHENS — Georgia does not play Kentucky this week but head coach Kirby Smart was still answering questions about the Wildcats following some explosive comments made by Mark Stoops on Monday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ChopperChopper Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nothing to see here....

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stay classy, Dawgs!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good cut and past job Conner. SOS as yesterday from DN. Where's Furman and Jesse.

• Options
    SnakeScott13SnakeScott13 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭ Junior

I guess more money would provide better coaching and prevent a DL from piling on a player on the ground . Players are a direct reflection of the coach and UK are classless human beings when cornered .

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

"The Bulldogs have also lost plenty of talented players to the transfer portal. Jermaine Burton, AD Mitchell and Major Burns all are examples of former Bulldogs who are now starting elsewhere, with Burton at Alabama, Mitchell at Texas and Burns at LSU."

You left out Bear Alexander to USC! This loss has probably been the most impactful to the UGA program when you look at the defensive production so far this season. I think our defense is getting better with every game they play and I have complete confidence in them, but Alexander was going to be a problem for the opposition OL and would probably draw a double team on every play. When those double teams are happening on the DL, the Inside Linebackers can become the game wreckers that we are accustomed to seeing!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2023

If you leave UGA, you will hurt your draft stock. Coaches in the NFL know Kirby, call him on the phone. They want UGA players. Philli has a team full of them and they are undefeated. You leave georgia, don't you think that NFL coach will call Kirby. Yeah, he didn't fit our culture, maybe he fits a west coast culture where the rules are bent and the expectations are lower on defense. That team will move on to the next guy.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby is a great coach and his teams reflect that. The best players want to play for a coach and system that is going to prepare them for the next level. UGA is now that place.