Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Patience and Frank Gore explain how Daijun Edwards became Georgia football’s top running back

SystemSystem Posts: 10,515 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imagePatience and Frank Gore explain how Daijun Edwards became Georgia football’s top running back

ATHENS — Daijun Edwards had been accustomed to waiting. As a late addition to Georgia’s 2020 recruiting class, few saw Edwards as the lead-back type. He arrived in the same class as Kendall Milton following a stellar career at Colquitt County High School.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    saldivensaldiven Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

Honestly, I'm not surprised. Of the backs returning in 2023, he had already proven himself to be the most consistent and reliable. Some people seem to forget he was the returning back with the best production in 2022. He's not as fast as Milton, but is much tougher to bring down.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He runs with his head about 3 ft off the ground always looking for the that crease. CUts on a dime. Hard to square up!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Daijun the dead leg back. Like it. Keen ability to slip by a grasping defender. Does remind me of D'Andre. Edwards not as fast as Milton, Really? News to this old boy. DE is slippery. Kendall more in your face style. Good UGA duo.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If the Dawgs can keep Edwards and Milton healthy then our RB room will be a force to be reckoned with!!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Daijun “Work Horse” Edwards !! And being compared to Frank Gore sure ain’t a bad thing !! Any NFL team in need of a solid RB should take a good look at Daijun. He’s the kind of back that can get those tough desperately needed third down or goal line yards. He’d be a Big Plus for any NFL team looking to build their RB room.

On Milton I Sure Hope he has a Great rest of the season not only for our Dawgs but for himself. To the best of my knowledge of him he’s a DGD. I hope he can have such a great rest of the year it will offset some of the durability issues that unfortunately NFL teams will probably be critical of.

With Both these guys fully healthy and supplemented by the other guys the Dawgs will have a very potent running game !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Daijun always stands out because he's always giving 100%. Even when things aren't going well and it looks like some of the other players are struggling, Edwards is still running 100MPH.