Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia future opponents Tennessee, Missouri and Florida gain momentum

SystemSystem Posts: 10,481 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia future opponents Tennessee, Missouri and Florida gain momentum

NASHVILLE — Momentum is a big thing in college football, and three of Georgia’s next four opponents gained more of it on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was wanting UF, UT and UK all to get beat yesterday...that did not happen and oh how every talking head said how weak UGA's schedule was going to be.

Where are those fools now?

I just don't see how this UGA team doesn't get beat by one or 4 of these teams. We are a walking ward room of beyond unbelievable injuried players and now your best player is injuried. This team lacks first half motivation see every game minus UK, we are the stalked prey as much as Kirby says we are the hunters not the hunted...not true Kirby. And finally, we are due for a loss or two.if not more..law of averages wins out in these next 5 games.

Don't be surprised if UGA loses 1, 2, 3 or 4 of its last 5. Call me crazy but this UGA team has issues folks....and it starts with team leadership witch this teams lacks.

• Options
    ypcregypcreg Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Other teams are improving, and we are not. Talking about complacent, are coaches getting complacent, especially on the defense side. Try different players, please. JDJ and Chambliss are too slow!!!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BornADawg...you bring up valid points. I do think leadership and miscommunication are definitely part of the issues on defense. And honestly, we just don't have the impact playmakers in the front 7 on defense that we had the previous 2 years. And the speed of this defense is lacking. We aren't a swarming or havoc-inducing group. We struggle to get a pass rush without bringing the house. On offense, I really like what Beck is doing and if we can get some breaks on these on and off injuries then we might play better. After our dominating performance against the Wildcats I expected that trend to continue- especially against a team like Vandy. Now I'm scratching my head again wondering where did THAT team go?!? What should I expect from the Dawgs next time? Who knows...

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now I'm scratching my head again wondering where did THAT team go?!?”

It went to Jacksonville to get ready for floriduh and the rest of the season…..

Folks, this was Vanderbilt! …..The real Dawg team played last week and will show up against floriduh in two weeks! No doubt!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

But remember, of those SEC games, we get two of those teams in Athens where our home crowd has risen to the task of impacting the game with noise for the last several years now….since the ND game at least!

One of those games is a neutral field setting where half the crowd is DawgNation come to roar…. another crowd-impact chance!

And the last game is in a stadium where we have only lost twice since 2009!!! When our overall record since 2009 is 14-3!!

I like our chances!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sprinters run their absolute best times when the competition is keenest and most challenging. Most sports replicate this phenomena ...you know the heat is on and you perform accordingly..UGA seems to fit this scenario. KY and Vandy are prime examples,among others, earlier. UGA will be on target for FL. Hopefully, Brock B will be among those competing for UGA, and Truss. Milton could as well...as his re-injury seemed not that bad this time. Let's get behind our Dawgs as they hunt the rest of the season!

• Options
    CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

You never miss a chance to say something about your Vols. Same old schtick.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The combined records of Georgia's remaining opponents is 24–8… that's an 88% win percentage. I agree with Billy2131 below, that soft Georgia schedule ain't so lame any more. Better not sleep on a single one of them (including Georgia Tech), or it'll come back to bite you big time.

That said, I'm just not sure I agree with a lot of the gloom and doom posted by some in today's DN articles based on yesterday's performance against Vanderbilt. Statistically, Georgia totally dominated (e.g., first downs, yards gained, possession time, etc.)... if not for just a couple of boneheaded turnovers and bad/dropped passes, it would've been a complete blow-out with heavy substitutions in the fourth quarter. I know, those things happened, so begs some concern, but you gotta put that in perspective. And Kirby has a way of making those blunders huge learning/growth opportunities. Frankly, I'm less concerned about yesterdays performance than I am about the rash of injuries (of course inter-related), not the least of which includes 5 key starters on offense. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The Dawgs play to win and Kirby does not try to run up the score. We play to the level of competition and will beat all of those teams. Bowers it seems as a sprained ankle and hopefully will be back by the Florida game. Fans can be critical of the Dawgs, but the offense is doing well and the defense needs to communicate better. Vandy blatantly picked our DB on the second TD and we kneeled on the 9 yard line with a minute to play in the game. 44 to 14 was a very possible score and we would have covered. This team is very young and we do need our defensive line to be more disruptive.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree... Georgia just needs to keep doing what it's doing, which is win every ball game. I don't necessarily care about style points, and Kirby & Co. clearly don't either. Just like last year, and the year before that. Go Dawgs!