Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Brock Bowers: If TightRope surgery needed could miss rest of regular season

SystemSystem Posts: 10,458 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageBrock Bowers: If TightRope surgery needed could miss rest of regular season

ATHENS — Georgia All-American Brock Bowers could be out the remainder of the regular season if doctors determine he needs TightRope surgery on his ankle.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    AndypandyAndypandy Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Garbage dump by a garbage reporter

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2023

@MikeGriffith you have no shame, do you?

Complete click bait article, nothing more, nothing less.

I cannot believe that you still have a job writing for my Georgia Bulldogs, or that a group of executives or editors determine to pay you a salary for things like this.

Then again, the garbage rag AJC, with a well earned reputation amongst most of my peers that grew up in Georgia and over the age of 45 consider them to be one of the lousiest liberal and deceitful newspapers south of the Mason-Dixon Line, probably considers you to be an equity hire.

The AJC is terrible enough that they make the USA Today seem like a top-notch paper, and that is very difficult to do!

Unbelievable.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2023

I agree it seems to be premature. However does MG have an inside source and he’s just trying to get a jump on the story?

regarding Kirby’s comments He ALWAYS seems to down play the severity of injuries

either way, an article will not change the fact that Bowers may or may not miss some games. We will all know more in a couple of days.

BTW. Other sources have also reported this and that the Bowers family is seeking a second opinion

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nah, just keeping you informed of the discussions going on

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

Informed??

I would dare say propagating a story as opposed to informing readers as two other players on the team have had the surgery in the past 2 months. So dawg fans are very familiar with what a tight rope entails. From my experience talking to a patient about a treatment for an injury without knowing what the diagnosis may be is premature and inflammatory

• Options
    JackJack Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

It was said a low ankle sprain. Tightrope surgery is for high ankle sprains. Think we should wait another week and get a more accurate reporting.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    NorthHallDawgNorthHallDawg Posts: 81 ✭✭✭ Junior

Brock is a baller. If he can fight through the pain, he'll play. I remember many, many years ago that Herschel was hurt, and Vince Dooley used him as a decoy during a game. It seems that, fully healthy or not, Brock is always on the opposing DC's mind. If he's on the field in a limited role or not, it's going to give an opposing DC something to ponder.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lower ankle sprain. Lower. He may be back by Missouri.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MikeGriffith Thanks for the near heart attack Mike !! 😂. Although it’s OK to speculate and discuss this and any subject. Please be careful how you word the article title !! My heart Did skip a beat !!

Yes it Could turn out to be tightrope or other bad news. And I’m trying to mentally prepare myself for that just in case. But conversely it could Also be a mild to moderate sprain only requiring 2-3 weeks Possibly of recovery time. That would be a Much More positive outlook.

ALL Dawgs fans know or Should know how important Brock Bowers is to the team And success. I much prefer to Hope, Pray, and Believe it’s gonna be a Less severe injury. So for Me I don’t mind your article so much as I do the lead title !! Anyone not involved with his medical care can speculate.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Remember the start of the season....."Oh whoa is us, The Dawgs have lost Washington to the NFL, what will we do????" Stir that worry pot Mike! Delp stepped up and we depended on our receiver room.....Rara, Dom, Marcus, Ladd, Mews, and Bell. Now it's time to show case Luckie and Spurlin.....BUT NOT SO FAST.....Mike, the scuttlebutt that I keep hearing is that by Brocktober 28 we'll see Bowers ready to ball in Jax!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I Encourage my fellow Dawgs fans to do their own research and use That to Speculate. When Bowers got hurt the first thing that was said was he was hurting on the Bottom of his foot.

I’m sure No doctor or trainer but that doesn’t sound like a high ankle sprain to me. Also I never played organized football I was to busy working ( full time job at 14 paying into Soc. Sec. Taxes etc. had part time job since age 8 !!)

But I have twisted Both my ankles to where they turned a deep purple and swoll up bigger than a huge bullfrog !! I didn’t have the luxury of laying out of work and couldn’t do my job on crutches. So just wrapped the ankle tight in a ace bandage and back to work !!

Wasn’t sports but it was hard manual labor requiring allot of lifting. Brock is a tough, tough, world class athlete. And will have the finest rehab treatment and equipment available to him. And Nobody wants to be on that field More than him !!

So in My view if he can play even dinged, he’ll play !! Go to whatever search engine you use type this in and draw your Own conclusions: what is the average recovery time for an athlete with a low ankle sprain ? Peruse the medical site info. on the internet for That question.