Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What social media had to say about Georgia football following Brock Bowers injury update

SystemSystem Posts: 10,680 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageWhat social media had to say about Georgia football following Brock Bowers injury update

ATHENS — Brock Bowers will now miss time as he had ankle surgery on Monday after picking up a high ankle sprain in Georgia’s win over Vanderbilt on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 171 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well they always say next man up but it's like filling Herschel Walker's shoes. Those are some BIG shoes but we will survive because we are UGA!

• Options
    87Dawg_1187Dawg_11 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hated seeing Bowers go down because he is the heart of the offense, but the Dawgs have the talent to continue to be productive on offense. This offense is in a great position with the receivers and TEs they have on the roster. The bigger story coming out of Saturday was Kendall Milton being unable to finish the second half. The combination of Edwards and Milton gives them a consistent running game, and everything feeds off that. While they can't replace Bowers, they can replace his production; however, they can't replace Milton's production.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We will find out what our team is all about now. With or without Brock Bowers, if we play like we did Saturday vs the rest of our schedule, we will lose most of them.

Yes, other players are hurt, and I hope they all are ready by next week, but none of them leave a void like not having Brock. This makes everything tougher.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bowers' receptions were one third of UGA's total passing yardage! Heard that today. That is huge. Teams schemed against Bowers alone. No longer have to. UGA will have to play harder than they ever have just to win now. Opponents got new life with Bowers' injury. He won't be back before Tennessee, I am guessing. Maybe not at all some say. Knowing Brock, he will do all in his power to return. Bobo...whach you got? This will be interesting. New scheme for sure. Know who feels the worst over this? Brock.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

I agree with both you guys. My heart breaks for Bowers, as the injury probably cost him The Heisman.

But, don't count that kid out, yet. He could be back in 2 or 3 weeks, with the state-of-the-art procedure performed by the best surgical team, money can buy. Usually, it's the "pain" that keeps a player out for sprain or strain, after 2 or 3 weeks. Bowers strikes me as a player, that plays through the pain...if needed.

IMO....Bowers will be available in the stretch run [after Florida], if Bobo needs him.

That being said...UGA's offense does not rely on "one player" or "group of players" or "playing style", to move the football. Unlike OSU and Bama....both of whom blamed a CFP loss on an injury.

That's NOT how Kirby's Dawgs operate. UGA plays "team ball" with star players, 2 deep [min] at every position...on both sides of the ball. Every one of UGA's offensive skill players are capable of being explosive to varying degrees...depending on the offensive schematics being employed.

Lol....after some of the Narratives and Social Media comments, I've heard...concerning Bowers injury and "the early demise of the Dawgs"....I pity the Gators in 2 weeks.

I believe Kirby & Bobo...and, the players...are looking forward to making a statement with the other skill players. They want to show the recruits, watching....how versatile their offense is, regardless of which skill players are on the field.

And....the Dawgs are extremely potent...with or without Bowers on the field.

Reminder: .....Beck, BVG, Stockton......McConkey, Rosemy-Jacksaint, Bell, Mews, Rara Thomas, Lovett, etc.....Delp, Lucky, Spurlin....Edwards, Milton, etc.....Best O-Line in the Country [arguably].......AND......A Top Ten Defense.

Yeah....they lost Bowers for a few weeks, but the only thing that will really be impacted, till his return....is our viewing pleasure. Lol...I love to watch that kid run with the football....and, you won't find a better pair of hands or downfield/edge blocker.

I notice a lot of people are worried about the loss of Bowers' on-field leadership. I think, that's absurd. If you've been watching the Dawgs over the last 3 years....UGA has leaders, all over the field....some, verbal leaders...some, example leaders.

Van Pran, Beck, BVG, Milton, Edwards, McConkey, Smith, Rosemy-Jacksaint, Ratledge, Delp...have all been at UGA for 3 or more years. Those are the "leaders" on offense....IMO. Bowers is among a few other injured leaders, that will be supporting the guys from the sideline...much like JT Daniels did, in '21 and '22. They are "connected".

I've said it before...this UGA Team is waaayyyy beyond relying on a single player, to "win". To me...its just laughable, to suggest that UGA can't win a Natty without Bowers. You'll see!

Lol..."they"...said the same thing, when Daniels went down in '21...."UGA can't win a Natty with Bennett, at Quarterback.". "They"...are, once again, dead wrong.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bowers is an alien and back in 3 weeks.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I totally agree with you on 98% of what you’ve said with one proviso. Losing Brock Bowers was and is a Huge blow to the Dawgs quest for success. But these Dawgs ain’t even vaguely out of the race. Not even close.

Now the proviso. Yes Normally Brock would play injured. He HAS been playing with a groin injury !! So Absolutely he’s a tough, tough, gamer. BUT if he rushes back To Soon on this particular type injury it could jeopardize his NFL career, Permanently.

His family and very close friends are gonna try their best to restrain him until they are absolutely sure he’s a full go. Millions of $$$ are at stake in the future.

As loyal as he is an DGD that he Certainly is, his family and very close friends Will be in his ear reminding him of his future.

Plus even Brock and Kirby say he’s a go, it’s up to Ron Courson. Ron is Huge about putting player safety first which is a good thing, but painful for us fans.

You said 2-3 weeks, and as long as it’s not detrimental to him I Sure Hope your right. As always I Love and Appreciate your optimism. I’m no doctor or trainer, but in my humble opinion the absolute best case will be by the Vols game and on a limited basis even then. That’s 5 weeks from now.

I spent Allot of time today reading about this injury on the internet, if a guy rushes back To Soon the damage in terms of being an athlete can be permanent. It is what it is. Multiple players are just gonna have to ramp up their game. I believe they Can and they Will. Go Dawgs !!

• Options

The Dawgs Defense needs to ramp up their game Big Time to support their Brothers on the O !! This Dawgs team needs to do a serious gut check. Gird their loins and prepare for battle !! Brock Bowers being injured should be a Rallying Cry for these Dawgs !! Players AND Coaches need to ramp up their games and Get It Done !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yes, teams schemed against him, and don’t have to for a minute. The catch is that they also don’t have any idea what they WILL be scheming against, now.

• Options

Also the SEC & NCAA need to Demand that the Garbage fields at Vandy and Vols land be totally upgraded !! Both are injuries waiting to happen !! 😡

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

I'll tell ya what I think they will have to scheme against.....Beck's arm....McConkey, Rosemy-Jacksaint, Smith, Bell and Mews...a trio of 4/5-star Tight Ends. and, a trio of Running Backs, that could "start", on most...if not all...SEC Teams......and, an experienced Offensive Coordinator . Bobo has barely cracked the playbook, in disposing with the first half of the season...[as planned...IMO].

Then, throw in an offensive line considered to be a JMA candidate,... playing at the top of their game. What defense, will UGA face, between now and the SECCG, that can shut down their running game, into the 4th qtr.?.

@navydawg ..

Navy....I wasn't trying to suggest that Bowers won't be missed. Lol...that would be a ridiculous statement. He will most certainly be missed, on the field....at first.

But, that'll pass, as the Offense adjusts, using their "barge full" of future star players. Good thing Kirby mixed it up, the way he did in the first several games....giving all of his players valuable experience and reps.. Looks like, that master ****, will save the Dawgs, in the long run.

No....I was saying, that another player will step forward and plug the leak. From what I see...UGA is much more, than one or two players.

Some of the "talking-idiots" are saying that UGA's CFP quest is in jeopardy without Bowers....and, I just laughed. They barely knew Bowers existed before this year's big hype-storm around Beck. Both of those guys are Heisman worthy...IMO.

"THEY"....Said the same thing, when Daniels went down. Other players that have gone down, over the last few years, were more than adequately replaced. But, it gave the gum-flappers something to talk about and speculate on...just like McConkey, Milton and Bowers, this year. Lol....The Dawgs' 2nd team could beat 4 of the remaining 5 teams. So....I'm not worried.

One thing, I do wonder....[if, Bowers doesn't return, for the Florida game]....will he return next year, for another run at the Heisman?. Does he have any desire to win the Award?.

Not to mention the possibility of winning an unprecedented "4th National Championship Ring". That little ditty would be worth a lifetime of commercial cash flow. Lol

• Options
    edited October 2023

@BigDawg61 Oh no Bro. I Totally agree with you on those factors !! My proviso was about Bowers being back in 2-3 weeks. That Could happen but I doubt it Will happen. No this Dawgs team is Far from being out of the race !! Still Tons of firepower on this team !! P.S. I’m Hoping Bowers could be back as early as the TN game on a limited basis. He should for sure be back by the SECCG. He could help the Dawgs finish up the 3Peat !!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Get well soon, BB!

GO DAWGS!

BEAT FLORIDA!

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

In Kirby we trust!

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 362 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There needs to be some sort of penalty placed on the universities with these crap fields. A huge monetary fine or loss of scholarships. They are causing injury to players and may be affecting their future careers in pro football..

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 362 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There needs to be a penalty levied against these universities with the crap fields. They should have to pay a huge monetary fine or lose scholarships. These fields are causing injuries that could negatively affect player's future careers in pro football. Vandy has money to put in luxury boxes but not to fix the worst field in the SEC. All they are concerned with is bringing in more money.