Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football places 3 players on ESPN Midseason All-American team

SystemSystem Posts: 10,681 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football places 3 players on ESPN Midseason All-American team

ATHENS — The Georgia Bulldogs are past the midpoint of the season, with Saturday’s 37-20 win over Vanderbilt moving the team to 7-0 on the season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

Congrats Dawgs!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I Hope not but will understand if the O line gets more than usual false start penalties. No I’m not saying those are acceptable. I’m simply saying it Might take the younger guys a little time to gel in.

But then again because of the intensity of practices on a Kirby Smart team they might come in and never miss a beat. That’s my Hope.

Also I hope our defensive pass rush can significantly improve over the Bye week time. I Believe in these Dawgs. Losing Brock Bowers was a Huge blow. But these Dawgs are no where near being out of the fight !!

Our rivals may wrongly think the Dawgs are beat because of that terrible loss, and That thinking might come back to take a Big Dawg Bite out of them !! As this article illustrates Dawgs Still have Tons of talent !! Go Dawgs !! P.S. A wounded Dawg can be extremely dangerous !!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know it was extremely difficult for ESPN to acknowledge any DAWGS.....but I am happy for Brock, Sed and Malaki as they are most deserving of the honor! BUT, What about Carson......or Tykee, or Ladd, or Daijun, doesn't Mekhi and Dillon deserve a little recognition????

• Options
    CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 127 ✭✭✭ Junior

@GtheGreek

As ALL-AMERICANS? Get real

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think ESPN got the best-performing Bulldogs on about right.

I would have liked to see Monden, JDJ, Tykee and maybe Truss or Ratledge as honorable mentions. But do you or I really have a solid idea of whether those five guys have played better than the players from other teams who were named as honorable mentions?

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lassiter? Everette? Brinson? Ratledge?

Feels like we got jipped...

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well CClay & CandlerPark......It's "MID SEASON" and yes I do think these individuals have the POTENTIAL to become All Americans....along with several others that CandlerPark mentioned. Apparently I failed to make the point that ESPN hates giving the Dawgs any recognition deserved or not. But again, it's mid season and it's only my opinion......what about you CCllay, do you think any Dawgs are deserving?

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 362 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The Dawgs have good if not great players at every position. The two and threes could start at just about every other college in the country.