Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Brock Bowers’ injury will tell us if Georgia football is a real championship contender

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageBrock Bowers’ injury will tell us if Georgia football is a real championship contender

ATHENS — There’s no sugarcoating Brock Bowers’ injury. The star tight end underwent tightrope surgery on Monday after picking up a dreaded high ankle sprain in Georgia’s win over Vanderbilt.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

Where do y'all get this stuff? Did you question the other P5 teams out there that lose players? Not that I can see.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Silly. Clickbait. Without BB we are still one of the top teams. Are we still the top? I guess we will find out. We are so loaded with talent though that I wouldn't bet against us on a neutral field.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL BigDawg, you know what I know, The Dawgs have more talent on the bench each game than most teams field. I seem to remember for the past two years we have OVER COME loses to the NFL, & TP that would have decimated most teams....BUT The Dawgs are different. Every player on our roster subscribes the the culture that Kirby and company have instituted. Next Man Up is a reality at Georgia and for that reason we will again lose an inordinate number of DGD's at the end of the season.....only to have a passel of "No Names" rise to the top to become reputations that strike fear in opposing HC's, OC's and DC's in the coming 2024 season. WIN or LOSE, The Georgia Bull Dawgs continue to have the PRIMER football program in America......the loss of numerous ALPHA DAWGS to injury during the season and then continuing to OVER COME is all the proof you need!

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 753 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2023

A contender is a person or group that competes, in this case, for championships. As long as CKS is at UGA, I believe we will be a contender. We will certainly be a contender this year. No one person is going to keep us from competing for championships. Conner, (and some others) if the expectation of being a "real contender" is that we will win every championship, then NO thats not happening. But we will remain in the hunt. I am more worried about our OL injuries effecting our ability to bring home the natty honestly. but we will still be a contender.

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hated seeing BB go down; at first i thought it was gonna be a short term thing, like CKS said. Couple things going forward that i haven't really seen anyone talk about. I think Navydawg mentioned it; that being the idea that he may not come back even though he is healed, electing to avoid injury again and prepping for the combine. From what i've read about him, i don't think that will be the case, but it could happen. Second point is we've already played 2/3 of a game without him in the lineup, scoring 23 of 37 points going to others on the offense. We've got plenty of fire power, and Delp handled the chances he got saturday very well.

• Options

It's wierd but the chemistry with the freshman seems to be better. Our running game has improved since both Mims and Truss are out. No doubt both great linemen but a lot greater at pass pro then run blocking. I think the freshman are better run blockers and that may have to do with Bend.

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

This pic is from the the SECCG against Alabama. This is Bowers going up for the ball, threaded perfectly from Bennett, in between two Bama defenders. No, he didn't haul this one in but still love the pic. There's not much this guy can't do. He'll be missed.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Humm. had not looked at the Mims,Truss thing and freshmen, as both a negative and positive. Good analysis!

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2023

Brock Bowers is irreplaceable; there are very few, if any, at any level as good. That being said UGA has very good people on the roster at every position. We may not win as easily as what we have become accustomed to, but we will win.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

We have a lot of time to speculate with the bye week. Once we see that Alabama Tennessee game this weekend it should tell us a lot about how to exploit Tennessee since we run almost the same defense as Alabama. Expecting the Tide to beat them by 17 and put UTknox clearly in their place.

Now, I think Ole Miss is really our biggest challenge coming up. I'm sure we will put in some wrinkles for them. Glad we have them at home.