Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football team knows it can make a statement without Brock Bowers: ‘We all believe’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football team knows it can make a statement without Brock Bowers: ‘We all believe’

ATHENS — Georgia knows there is no replacing Brock Bowers. One person can’t do what Bowers can do. It’s part of the reason Bowers is such a special player for Georgia.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is there a positive that can come out of Bowers injury? Yes. Dawgs get to test life without one of the best in CFB. AND. All the dawg nation staff are able to save their gator comments until next week. Can only imagine 2 weeks of gator coverage.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No need to speculate. Just win Baby. One game at a time.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep. And it’s gonna make the younger players all the better for 2024 to !! These Dawgs Can and Will get it done !! Go Dawgs !!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA will have to re-scheme to involve TEs, WRs and RBs...RPO style. I believe the defense will also have to step it up to elite...there may be kinks in the new scheme. I know UGA can adapt but they have no immediate Bowers types. I watched some video...come on...this guys was superman. Auburn win was Bowers...as I recall. Going to be tough for others to fill the massive gap. Delp, McConkey, Jack-Saint, Lovett, RaRa T. Who are the blockers in this group? Interesting to see what Bobo does. Above all, Beck will be challenged. His go to guy is gone.

This is not a negative message.....just presenting the obvious fact that a re-scheme will be critical going forward. Cannot wait to see what eventuates.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll say it again, we've got a TEAM, 3-4 deep of ALPHA DAWGS just waiting for their opportunity to showcase their skill.....when BB was on the field we played as a TEAM....now that he'll be on the side lines (coaching), we'll still play as a TEAM. Beck and the receivers will always get us down the field. In the Red Zone, I believe the O-Line and RB's will get us well past the 70% TD percentage Kirby insist on...of course it will be a mix according to what Bobo sees from the opposing defense and calls. Gator are due for another BEAT DOWN!

• Options
    RS289RS289 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

He is going to really hard to replace. He is probably the best player in College Football. If Milton could get healthy that would really help the run game and take some pressure off of the passing game. We still have a lot of talent in the tight end position. Beck needs to work on his deep ball. He has over throwed most of them to wide open receivers. Next Man up GO DAWGS!!!!!!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There have been at least 7 articles featuring Bowers' injury, yet there are 80-some kids on this team (all of whom have his back)... can we give it a rest? It will be, and has always been, the effort of every kid on this team that takes Georgia as far as it can go. Given his humble, team-oriented nature, I suspect even Brock would just as soon like to see the spotlight taken off of him and shown elsewhere while he works his tail off in rehab and roots his brothers on. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is yet another reason we should regularly beat the absolute snot out of vanderbilt every year. We left this year’s game beaten up and they denied a group of seniors a wins record. Twice. I would NEVER let that one go and every year they would pay for it. That, and that ridiculous stunt with the unqualified kicker.

I am unhappy that we didn’t this year when we should have.

Yeah, I’m bitter.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Most of the post concerning BB bemoan the fact he is sidelined......I say when your Ace is played, look for more Aces, look for our Kings, and for goodness sake play all of the Wild Cards in our hand.....don't think many realize that The Dawgs are on the road of DESTINY....that road is never smooth but is rife with pot holds, cracks, and road blocks......DAWG FANS, stay the course, it won't always be pretty but a win is a win and undeafed gets in the dance!

• Options
    YankeeDawg64YankeeDawg64 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Kudzu, totally agree! The offense has been score 28+ a game. (with the exception of SC). The D needs to get nasty like the UK game. The points they score typically get you a W with D 😆