Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart speaks on Georgia football right tackle plan entering Florida game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,681 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart speaks on Georgia football right tackle plan entering Florida game

ATHENS — Georgia may have a decision to make at the right tackle position entering Saturday’s game against Florida. In part because it could get two key players at the position back from injury.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

We need to be as healthy as possible down the stretch. The country's media wants us to fail! We are Georgia! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    WoodrowWoodrow Posts: 98 ✭✭✭ Junior

It does seem as we have become the new team to root against. I would like to see Lawson Luckie get some snaps on Saturday as well as Milton and Robinson play. Robinson runs hard and can punish a defense like Dijan can but we need Milton to get healthy. We also need the defense to play like they did against Kentucky. That would be the best of both worlds with the offense scoring and the defense clamping down hard. We all know that Smart is great at coming off a bye week so lets go eat some gator tail on Saturday and keep on trucking towards our goal.

• Options
    CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 127 ✭✭✭ Junior

@UGA64

Who exactly in the media wants us to fail? Our lackluster (and inconsistent) level of play has warranted any criticism from the media. Doesn't exactly mean they want us to fail. Maybe dial down the persecution complex

• Options
    Michael_ScarnMichael_Scarn Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think we should start Monroe Freeling and spell him with Mims for a few snaps in both halves.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Georgia hasn't won against a very good team at this point. They've looked horribly sluggish in several contests, they are missing starters from teams that lost 30 kids to the NFL., and worse, they don't look like they really want it. I'd say there is plenty of reason for the media to criticize Georgia. Florida is finally getting their footing, Missouri looks really good, and Lane Kiffin will always field a great team. If we get through that slate, Bama awaits. These kids need to work hard in practices, execute well, and really want it. Lots of parity in CFB. Anyone can get you.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hopefully, Truss has rehab'd and healed enough in 2 wks to be effective in this game. Spell him w/Freeling. Continue to rehab Mims with heavier practice rep's with MO target return.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I expect to see Amarius and Xavier get O-Line snaps as well as Freeling and Fairchild. As far as RB's Rod and Milton will share time with Daijun and Cash unless Daijun has another break out "Hit and Run" game like he did against Vandy. As far as receivers, it will be another "12 man committee" effort with McConkey, Marcus, Dom, Delp, Rara, Dillon, and Mekhi fighting for yardage leader......with the HOPES that Arian will finally come through with a big time catch! I'm also thinkin that Luckie and Pearse will both make a contribution. I'll admit that I'm conflicted.....The Gators v Kentucky sez we can have a "Road Runner" game against swamp lizzards, Bep, Bep! BUT knowing our QB/Receiver corp is far superior to Rattler and The Gameless **** I'm leaning hard on an "air raid" attack that'll make the London Blittz look like a spring snow fall. All in all, Carson will have the HOME COMING for the record books!

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Anyone hear anything about Brocks progress and his rehab? I know they are probably having to tell him to stop exercising, but would love to hear from someone who actually knows the scoop?

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    87Dawg_1187Dawg_11 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

What this team does over the next six weeks will depend on how well they run the football, and Kenny Milton is the key to that. If Milton is healthy and stays healthy, they should roll through the rest of their opponents; if he's not healthy I don't see where they get the type of production (tough yards) he gives them in the run game to make the rest of the offense go.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I believe I heard on a podcast that the goal is to get some reps at Tennessee and possibly dress a week or two before then (as Kirby’s kids often do for at least one week prior to returning from an injury).

We’ll know soon enough. Excited to see this team come together and face this adversity right now. If things go to planned we’ll be even scarier than before when Brock Bowers returns.

Go Dawgs.