Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Oscar Delp is a lot more for Georgia football than just the tight end stepping in for Brock Bowers

SystemSystem Posts: 10,669 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageOscar Delp is a lot more for Georgia football than just the tight end stepping in for Brock Bowers

ATHENS — Oscar Delp knows he can’t be Brock Bowers. The all-world tight end wouldn’t be so special if his play could be replicated.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Really looking forward to seeing Oscar Delp perform on Saturday.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe that Oscar will do just fine despite being keyed on by the Gators......in their mind (especially by Napier) he is the next Brock Bowers and it's still BROCKTOBER! This will provide Luckie and maybe Pearse a better opportunity to shine.....not to mention all of the fast handsy receivers that will see snaps.....I still feel we will pound the rock and run wild against the Gator to the point they will wish they were back in the Swamp......Yep, Dawg Fans, it's still Brocktober and for the Gators it'll be all trick and no treat!

• Options
    amacdad101amacdad101 Posts: 195 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I like the fact that OD only wants to be OD....I believe he will be locked in and ready to carry the "rock" to the "promise land"....looking forward to seeing the Dawgs carry the day and sing the song "WHO LET THE DAWGS OUT".

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

Nobody can replace BB's. UGA needs 4, 7 and 88 to play hard and do what they do. Most of all, UGA needs the TE's to catch the balls (and hold on) thrown to them and be high effort, pesky guys when blocking. If they do that the UGA O can continue to be effective.

I have more faith that 4 will be ready for this moment than 7 or 88. We will find out if the 7 buzz was warranted or if he is still not ready for prime time.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oscar Delp is now and has been a very valuable part of this UGA offense. He’s one of the unsung hero’s. You don’t hear nearly as much about him from the TV announcers as we probably should, but be assured he’s out there busting his butt to help our Dawgs win. This team is a Brotherhood like Dawgs teams before them. So I just say It’s Great To Be A UGA Dawgs Fan !!!! Go Dawgs !!!