Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Billy Napier has ‘blueprint’ to give Florida edge, derail Kirby Smart and Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,545 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageBilly Napier has ‘blueprint’ to give Florida edge, derail Kirby Smart and Georgia

ATHENS — Kirby Smart has won 18 straight games when given more than a week to prepare for an opponent, which is the case this week for the Georgia-Florida rivalry.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey Billy, I think your Gators are going to need a WHOLE lot more than extra sleep to beat these Dawgs!! You might want to just start prayin' for a miracle!

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

"Kirby Smart has won 18 straight games when given more than a week to prepare for an opponent"

2020/21 Peach Bowl

21, 22, 23 season openers

21, 22 Florida games

Two playoff games in 21

Two playoff games in 22

I get a total of 10. What am I missing? Even if the 2020 Florida game wasn't after a bye because of the pandemic scheduling, I think that would still only bring it to about 15 going back to the start of the 2018 season.

Edit: ohhh, the 2017/18 title game was only a week after the first playoff round. I guess that plus not getting a bye before Florida in 2020 would explain it.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 403 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope our dawgs are mentally ready for this game. It's the biggest of the year.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We don't want Billy praying for a miracle do we? He might get it. LOL Billy and his blueprint? I always pray for UGA before and during a game. Works so far. I do believe Billy will give UGA their best game so far.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very interesting take by Billy on playing in the SEC......it tells me that he's a realist, show up in Jax and play tough for as long as you can, take your whoppin, do the same with LSU and focus on The Hogs, The Tigers and the Semi-Noles....win those last three and you go to a great Bowl...the only problemo is this ain't the Sun Belt Billy and to quote Eric Church, in his song "Some Of It".......GOD, ain't a wishing well!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I figure this will be a tough game. In particular in the first half and Not because of a slow start by our Dawgs. I’m gonna say something I Rarely say, so record it if you want to. I think the mud lizards will play really hard out of pride, And for Billy.

But the level and Depth of talent of our Dawgs will prove to much, Dawgs will begin to break away mid 3rd Qtr. Then go on to win by a solid and respectable score. Though I’d LOVE It, I don’t think this will be a blow out by our Dawgs.

I won’t attempt to predict an actual score, but Dawgs win by as low as 13 points and as high as 24 points.

The reason I said Rare in my previous comment, which kinda, sorta, vaguely resembles a compliment, is I think best of my knowledge that Billy Napier is a pretty good dude. Or seems to be.

He’s got his mud lizards believing, and he’s built some pride up in them, so they’ll fight. But even with a months rest and sleep, to much talent on this Dawgs team. PLUS quite a few of these Dawgs are From the state of Fl. some from the Jax area. Like Beck for instance !! 😀 THEY will have allot of pride on the line to, so No Way are they gonna just lay down for the mud lizards.

Lastly the UGA crowd has always managed to travel well ( So proud of them, that’s a long haul from Athens) to the annual UF Home game !!

P.S. Dawgs fans should Remember and be even Prouder and Appreciative of Carson Beck !! He could have Easily either went to UF or hit the TP and went there later. But he stuck it out with our Dawgs. Thus he Is a DGD !! Light Em Carson !!! Go Dawgs !!!

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Napier’s got a blueprint, eh?

my instinct is that the Dawgs will hang 50 on em in Jax on Saturday. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby's approach (hardest practices in CFB) makes a lot of sense. His players know that their practices are as hard - maybe harder than their next game, therefore they have little to no fear or intimidation at game time. Maybe that somewhat explains why they look so lackadaisical at points against lesser teams, but it sure seems to be the overall winning formula.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The only way Georgia loses this game is the bus takes the wrong turn and we can't find the stadium.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

🤔 blueprint......Dawgs by 30

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

Gators sleep through this one and Dawgs romp.

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dawgs going to roll to victory! Go Dawgs

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

Reminds me of that ole joke: I’m not afraid of hard work……………..I can lay down and go to sleep right beside it. 😂 Let him bring his “blueprint” and watch while our hard working Dawgs dismantle his mud lizards !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    DreamAndWonderDreamAndWonder Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore

Laughable. Good grief.