Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Report: Georgia, Florida eyeing future neutral site venues for 2026, 2027 games

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageReport: Georgia, Florida eyeing future neutral site venues for 2026, 2027 games

ATHENS — Georgia and Florida just wrapped up the latest edition of the World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party in Jacksonville, Fla., with the Bulldogs winning 43-20.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    crazygto715crazygto715 Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Neutral site games need to be banned. They are completely ridiculous and offensive

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Home and Home!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not since I was a student and we "Bent the Girders" has the game in Jax meant anything to me. They tore that shrine down so its all just a great memory.....HOME and HOME after 26!

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was at the home game in 95 and it was ****. So were the gator fans. I demand redemption!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We're gonna get that, in '24 & '25. I have no doubt those will be home-'n-home games. The search is really for a new venue after that....IMO.

Especially, after Jacksonville provided one of the worst "playing fields" I've seen, in decades. That was "bush-league" BS, if I've ever seen it. They need to dump Jacksonville, either way. Maybe go with Tallahassee or an Alabama or S.C. stadium...something like that. Think outside the box.

This "neutral site game" pays the coaching staff's annual salary. Why would they dump it?....unless...They're bringing in enough money, now, that it won't matter.

I see UF objecting, at this point...as it's probably their 3rd or 4th, greatest source of income. They haven't been to a decent Bowl, in a while. Lol