Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

3 reasons Georgia football recognizes No. 14-ranked Missouri as upset threat

SystemSystem Posts: 11,029 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
image3 reasons Georgia football recognizes No. 14-ranked Missouri as upset threat

ATHENS — Missouri could be the most dangerous team remaining on Georgia’s regular-season schedule, even if the Tigers aren’t necessarily the “best.”

Read the full story here

Comments

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brady Cook didn't really start out as a run threat this season. He actually lost more yards than he gained. However, in the last 2 games vs KY and SC he has run successfully a lot more for over 100 yards combined in both games. We'll definitely need to keep a spy on him.

• khummelkhummel Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Schrader might have bounced off of past opponents, but gonna meet an anvil wrapped in velcro on Saturday. Go Dawgs!

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Try harder Mike.....reality speaks so much louder than if''s, ands and buts....The Dawgs have the #2 QB in the SEC and he's pushing #1 and will surpass Jayden Daniels by the season end.....Mizzo has a distant #3 and we've already handled #4,5,8,11, &14. Playmakers, Mizzo has three, two receivers and a RB in the top 40.....The Dawgs have 6 receivers in the SEC top 40 and our RBB's, Edwards and Milton equal Mizzo's Schrader's 807 yds but then add in the yardage of Cash and Bell we zoom to 1048 yds...As far as coaching....you can't be serious....Malzahn, Harsin and Doeren...you failed to mention that he was named #1 in the Bayou Billy "How To Beat The Dawgs" clinic....a week off, The Tygas are all rested up and I'm expecting lots of trick plays!

The reality Mike is that for Mizzo to get the UPSET, The Dawgs have to refuse to take the field this Saturday.

• khummelkhummel Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't disagree with your outline of the heavy Georgia tilt. Plus it's twingst the hedges. But that's why it'd be a big "upset". I hope (and expect) the team sees Mizzo (and the remaining teams on their schedule) as the biggest challenge of the season so far, preparing accordingly. Go Dawgs!

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

I've thought a lot about Mizzu after the high from the Florida game is finally starting to recede.

I like the Dawgs to pull away in the second half and win by a couple tds. This team is just too good and it is still probable they win by a landslide but I'm going to contain myself and say only 14-17.

Beck is too good and so are the wrs. The running game and run blocking is hard to stop.

Final Score - 44 -27 Dawgs!

• saldivensaldiven Posts: 69 ✭✭✭ Junior

Interesting items about Missouri's offense. Their production is extremely top heavy.

Luther Burden leads the team with 61 catches and 905 yards. Number 2 on the team is Theo Wease with 36 catches for 440 yards.

Rushing is similar. Cody Schrader 140 carries for 807 yards. The next most prolific running back on the team is Nathaniel Peat with 62 carries for 274 yards.

Only 3 players have rushing TD's and only 6 players have receiving TD's (and three of those only have 1).

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Playing this game in Athens WILL be of help to our Dawgs !!! Mizzou stadium capacity is 62,000 + but Sanford Stadium is 92,000+ !!! That’s almost Half Again of Their max capacity !!

Dawgs fans Know how important This game and Every remaining game is !! They will be screaming their lungs out causing false starts and motion penalties !!

And Mizzou can forget any ideas of “sneaking up” on Kirby and the Dawgs !! He and the Dawgs even put in a day during the Bye especially for Mizzou.

I give them their respect, they’ve been playing really well. But playing our Dawgs IN ATHENS is a whole other thing !! Especially with Kirby and our Dawgs fully aware of what’s on the line. I look for Mizzou to play tough, might be The toughest game of the regular season. But I’m Believing in our Dawgs to seal the deal and get the W !! Go Dawgs !!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This one with Mizzou will be a war. Count on it. They will hit our LB's hard with "check downs and wheels."..IMO. Plus they have a pretty good running game. UGA defense will stiffen and adjust. Should see big numbers from Ladd, Edwards...Lovett...RaRa and Delp. Beck will keep the defense honest. Look for an open game. This will not be a repeat of last year. Smart and now Bobo will see to it. UGA...defense....will play a major role. Gotta stop the early easy TDs by the opposing offense. A must in this game.

Hope this is at least a14 pt game in favor of UGA. This should give UGA the SEC East....should.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

Schrader had a 63 yard run vs UGA in last year's game.

Brady Cook reminds me of a more experienced CBeck. Burden and Wease are both good.

The UGA D will need to win this game. The UGA D will need to incrementally improve each week from FU to MO to MS to TN.