Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Bulldog great Todd Gurley paid the ultimate compliment to Georgia football TE Brock Bowers

SystemSystem Posts: 10,528 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageFormer Bulldog great Todd Gurley paid the ultimate compliment to Georgia football TE Brock Bowers

Todd Gurley watched the ‘Dawgs take down the Gators once again Saturday night in Jacksonville.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 461 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, one of my favorite all time DAWGS. Always loved his play and his love for the team. Man, he always seemed to show out when they played the Vols. Glad he is staying close to the team and his old teammates. He and Marshall were something else and always felt like Marshall got cheated with the knee. Great guys and ball players.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Keith Marshall could've stayed healthy, him, and Gurley would've been an unstoppable duo at RB.Marshall was as highly, maybe higher rated than Gurley out of high school. But he just couldn't stay healthy..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

TG sure was fun to watch, glad he's still close to the team. I like the fact he points out Brock and Ladd as his favorites, the two hardest working players on the team. Also the players that seem to love the game the most.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Best **** running back I have EVER seen tote the rock in modern (1990-) SEC or college football history!

I ❤️ me some TGIII !!!

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 329 ✭✭✭ Junior

Marshall was a great HS player, but his being rated higher than TG was/is laughable. It’s also an indictment of the recruiting industry. The majority of those guys don’t really know football. They see and value measurables—just like any other average fan—fall I love with them and slap 4/5 stars on them. The biggest disconnect is when they can’t project how good a player will be. This is an obvious sign of a lack of real experience.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@brvhrt

No, before Keith Marshall got hurt he was a (NFL Hall of Famer) Marshall Faulk type player with size, speed, power, cutback/elusiveness ability as well as receiving skills to rival a TE. In today's game, guys with Marshall's skills are (sadly) playing WR, OLB/edge or safety.

Keith Marshall at UGA, RB Marcus Lattimore at South Carolina a couple years earlier ... both those guys would have had 10 year NFL careers if not for college injuries. And it is precisely because of said catastrophes that I find it so hard to get worked up over NIL. Had NIL been in place back then, both Marshall and Lattimore would have still been millionaires despite their career-ending college injuries. UGA's Sony Michel was fortunate that his career-altering injury happened a couple of years later after he had already been a 1st round pick with the Patriots. Otherwise he would have been in the same boat.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have to agree, McConkey is one of the best receivers I have ever seen. He runs very precise patterns, has great speed, and the move he made reversing field against the Gators was a thing of beauty.

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

Gurley is a DGD! Go Dawgs!