Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Everything Kirby Smart said after Georgia football beat Missouri

SystemSystem Posts: 10,498 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageEverything Kirby Smart said after Georgia football beat Missouri

ATHENS — It wasn’t always pretty on Saturday, but for the 26th time in a row, the Georgia Bulldogs came away with a win.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    shamymaxshamymax Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

Bobo's red zone offense still lousy. He waste too many plays and these underneath passes 5 or 6 yards short of the 1st down drives me nuts. This game should have been put away with more innovative playcalling. 2:14. 2 timeouts at the end of the 1st half. Kirby gave some BS about trying to get a 1st down, not leave time on the clock for Mizzou. Doesn't show a lot of confidence in Beck and Company.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

SOME fans on here not even vaguely close to Most or All, are Overly critical ( Beyond the norm of critical) of Mike Bobo and his play calls. Those fans seem to forget that Kirby is Bobo’s Boss. So I took the liberty of Copying & Pasting what the HC had to say about Bobo: Quote- They won first down more than we did. I thought Mike did a good job staying with it, sticking with the plan. We were very committed to the run when most teams would have abandoned it.” End Quote.

So for those fans who nest constantly harp on Bobo about trying to mix the run in with the pass, Instead of pretending the Dawgs are a pass happy Pac12 team, there you read what Kirby Smart the HC had to say.

This is the SEC where there are Real Defenses, not the laughable Defenses of the Pac12. In the SEC facing those type Defenses you are compelled to mix in more of the run than they do out West where the defenses are a joke in most cases.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

And to the Recliner Coaches who fancy themselves as experts of the game but in Reality in most cases have only coached a losing team in PeeWee football. Here’s yet another quote from Kirby an SEC HC attempting to win his THIRD In A Row National Title among Many other accolades:

Quote: On fans booing...

“Which time? They were booing at the two-minute mark he’s talking about, where we stalled out. But I’ll be honest with you, I’ve gotta make decisions based on what wins games, not what wins spreads.” End Quote

As a fan I’ll take the decisions of Kirby AND his staff over fans Any time, Any day. I think Kirby just might know what he’s doing. Where as SOME fans can be So fickle, they love you one play and hate you the next, not even games, just from one Play to the next. Both This comment and my previous one are NOT directed at Most Dawgs fans. Just the ones that belly ache and whine over pretty much Every Thing !!

I’m So Thankful not to have to work with or live around people with such a negative attitude !! Like the Dawgs have won 26 straight games by accident !! Go Kirby and Staff !! Go Dawgs !!