Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Red-hot Ole Miss set to collide with streaking Georgia football in Top 10 battle

SystemSystem Posts: 10,513 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageRed-hot Ole Miss set to collide with streaking Georgia football in Top 10 battle

ATHENS — Georgia football has another Top 10 tussle on its hands this week with red-hot Ole Miss headed toward Athens.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saturday may end up being a shootout between Dart and Beck. But, we've got to get our running game going again after a pretty ineffective day yesterday. WR Tre Harris and RB Judkins are the workhorses for Ole Miss. Dart wasn't a threat with his legs yesterday, but he can definitely hurt you if he's pressed. Win this one and we play in Atlanta no matter what happens against the Vols.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some are calling Ole Miss a better version of Missouri. The Dawgs will have their hands full for sure. Dart vs Beck. I agree, the RBs need to turn it up a notch. Kendall and Edwards are the mainstays. Kendall is a hoss when healthy. He dragged a few Tigers around yesterday. Going to have to run at Ole Miss. Beck can sort out the less than stellar OM defense. Dart can hurt you with his legs. He can throw with the best of them as well. A&M racked up the points on OM defense. UGA should be equally up to the task. It will be a Dawg fight for 4 qtrs.. UGA injury list slowly building again. JDJ will likely be lost for games/season with fractured arm? My hope was and is that Brock Bowers might be back? BB would really provide a lift...though UGA doing pretty well without him so far. Delp is performing at a high level! UGA defense will need to stop Dart....period. Otherwise this too will be a high scoring match.

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm sure Kiffin is licking his chops after seeing how Missouri's QB and RB put on a show. This could be a career game for him on biggest stage. He will be pulling out all the stops no doubt. GATA !!!

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe Ole Miss are similar to Mizzou offensively and would give the edge slightly to Mizzou for their receivers and O Line - Ole Miss gets the nod for rushing. I definitely give the nod to Mizzou’s defense by a pretty good stretch. I think Mizzou is either the best, or definitely one of the best, defenses in the conference. They are talented and very well coached.

The element about Caleb Williams was shown fully last week when he sat by himself on the bench at the end of the game and congratulated no one from the other team and did nothing to pick his teammates up at all. No leadership at all and as shown again last night, it is all about him and it is a shame that none of the analysts call this out. The behavior last week was just completely unacceptable and then he has a coach on top of that, that doesn’t make them available to the media. Definitely a great talent, but he and Bear Alexander are birds of a feather for sure - both very talented but not interested in team accomplishments before personal accomplishments.