Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football final grades after earning key win over Missouri

SystemSystem Posts: 10,526 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football final grades after earning key win over Missouri

ATHENS — Perhaps the final quarter was more nervy than some Georgia fans would’ve liked. Georgia was holding on to a 27-21 lead before Nazir Stackhouse stepped in front of a Brady Cook pass.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGADawgUGADawg Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

Where is Xavian Sorey Jr.?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

FOrtunately we were playing at home yesterday. I think we lose playing that way in Missouri. Really frustrating on a day when we average 3.1 yd per rush that we only throw for 257. Some guy named Nichols for Vandy threw for 315 against them, and a team like Memphis went over 300 yards passing also against them. We have danmed good receivers and a really good QB but virtually everytime we picked up a first down with a good pass play we had to go right back to run up the middle. Often twice in a row. Unbelievable!

Football is about momentum but someone for UGA is determined to kill the momentum almost everytime we get things rolling through the air. We have the ability to attack, attack, attack! We did it against KY and had them reeling befor they knew what hit them.

Nothing kills a drive quicker than 2 runs up the gut for 2 yards. NOw its 3rd and 8.

Offensive Coaching- C-

We found a way to win and that's good but the play calling is holding this team back.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I realize I am quite biased but it sure looked like Burden got away with a little push off as the ball was arriving. Nothing horrible but enough force to create the separation on what was solid coverage.

Definitely wondering about Sorey. Likely have to wait until next Saturday to see if he dresses. Sure hope he isn’t prepping for the portal.

Overall as tough as most thought and Mizzou is legit. Very tough team on both sides of the ball. Great receivers. Go DAWGS

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

RBs...B

DL....A-

Overall....B+

I am torn on OL....C is more like it....red zone success I guess gives it C+

• Options

Bobo has family on here obviously.

• Options
    BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

If we’re ripping off 5+ yards per run like we usually do then no one complains about the play calling. The blocking by the oline and the receivers on the perimeter was pretty weak all day and Missouri looked way more physical swarming to the ball. I’m not saying Bobo was amazing but there was really poor execution and toughness on a lot of those 1 yard runs

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think we played our B game across the board. That is good enough to beat all but the best teams. Missouri might be the 3rd best team in the league and they are potentially a top 10 team.

The most physical and well coached team since Alabama 2 years ago.

We were just better. That's it really. Just better.

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bobo play calling is starting to hurt us. If the "plan" was to commit to the run, we should have changed the "plan" when it was obvious it wasn't working. If Bobo wants to run, then throw to Edwards and Milton for YACs.

Bobo costing us -5 pts. per game. We will need big points to beat Miss and Tenn. Not sure that committing to the run plan will deliver success against them. They both have explosive offenses. Bobo's got to get out of his run heavy comfort zone.

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bobo was not on the field! In the 1st half Mizzou was all in on rushing the passer and our O line was not protecting Beck. Those runs, while sometimes not producing yardage, were necessary to slow the pass rush. All of Carson's misses were due to their pass rush in his face or putting him on the ground. After Milton's rushing TD, Beck was able to make some nice throws. Glad to see Bobo calling for passes in the red zone. Mizzou has a decent defense and a extra week to prepare. If we win the next 2 games by 9 points, no room for any complaints.

• Options

So it’s necessary to run the ball on 1st down after you just threw it for 20 yards in order to keep the pass rush honest? That makes no sense. I’m pretty sure if I knew we were going to run the ball after every completion for a big gain the opposing DC did too! All we did was take our foot off the gas and allow the defense to gain the advantage on down and distance. Throwing on 1st down is the best time to throw especially when you just made a big play.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This was supposed to be the most talented team UGA has had since KS became the head coach. If it is they are under achieving big time. They will have to play up to their full potential for the rest of the season and the playoffs if we are to see a threepeat.