Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Missouri coach Eli Drinkwitz: game ‘flipped’ for Georgia on pass interference call

2»

Comments

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

HEY BigGDawg888 I am on your side sorry how it reads. It should be (I was there yesterday the penalties (bad calls) and the no calls greatly helped Missouri however the Dawgz tenacity overcame them and won the day). Thanks for pointing that out. 😎

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The one blown call that no one here has mentioned but was obvious to everyone was the long third down conversion catch out of bounds that the refs allowed Missouri to hurry up on but Coach Smart and staff caught it and called a timeout, and the cbs announcers were absolutely oblivious to all of it, when most people watching the catch the one and only time they showed it could see he was bobbling the ball multiple times.

The catch out of bounds where the guy bobbled it TWICE and by the time he had so-called “control” his backside was 2 yards off the field of play on the white?

That was particularly egregious to me because iwe have to listen to the absolutely lamest words in college sports that trigger me EVERY TIME:“convinced beyond all doubt by indisputable video evidence”.

Even the doofus retired rules “analyst”from cbs was asked to chime in and said that there were two frames that showed the Missouri WR bobbled the ball two times, that the ball clearly moved two times, and that he did not ever have control of it with just one hand until AFTER his backside was on the white out-of-bounds.

That was a third and 10 play with Dawgs up 24 to 13, at Missouri 32 yard line. And, of course, Missouri scored a TD on that drive 5 plays later to cut our lead to 3.

Another wrong call? The blind-side block call that took the ball from 1st and goal at the 6 to 1st and 10 at our own 30.

Mondon threw a arm block to the chest and shoulders of a Missouri player that he was facing, chest to chest and face to face, so they were both moving towards the play, there was no “blindside” involved at all. The rule book states “Contact with an opposing player can be forcible but not meet the criteria for the blindside block if the blocker who initiates is moving downfield toward the opponent’s goal line”.

It should not have been called but the college refs were told in the preseason to “make it a point of emphasis” in 2023, and we ALL KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!!! These idiot refs can’t see an obvious hold on lineman 20 to 30 times ON EACH SIDE per game, but boy if they see a “point of emphasis” similar play, they throw the **** flag REGARDLESS!

If the SEC coaches were smart, they’d lobby to have that play 100% reviewable, exactly like the ridiculously arbitrary targeting penalty is!

That will be the ONLY WAY to prevent these idiot refs from completely changing game outcomes; by keeping them in check and being forced to pick up the flag if there was no actual foul.

And no, I do not gamble on CFB, nor anything because I live in NC, draft kings and sports books online are not legal in the state.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

I think they just need more crews so they CAN FIRE THE BAD ONES!

Look some calls are subjective such as holding but when you TACKLE THE DL that is not subjective.

Also, we hear so much about player safety but you DON'T CALL THE HORSE COLLAR OR THE FACEMASKS?!!

C'Mon SEC you can do better than that group of zebras.

BAN THEM FROM EVER CALLING ANOTHER GAME IN THE SEC!

• Options
    TIMLAW10TIMLAW10 Posts: 46 ✭✭ Sophomore

Good coaches don't point to specifics. It's never about just one, or two, or three things because if those things happen differently, everything is different. Dumb analysis by a coach.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What struck me was Drink's tantrums over a couple of fourth quarter that he didn't like -- the one where the player didn't make it out of bounds and one other). In both cases, the replays showed that he was clearly wrong.

Mabye, he was trying to motivate his guys. But it ended up being a bad (panicky) look for him.

As for the rest of the game: Of course, I'm biased; but I don't see how anyone could come away from this one without feeling that we bore the brunt of the missed and bad calls -- Delp's face mask, that bobbled catch, a bogus PI (on Humphreys I think) and a couple of others. Mondon's blindside block was pretty disputable, too.

I mean, just consider that the Dawgs are so disciplined that we almost always give up fewer yards to penalties (especially at home), Yet, in this game, we ended up being penalized for 55 yards vs. 49 for them.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ladd McConkey continues to impress everyone not only with his receiving but his moves after reception are unbelievable.

Missouri's running back Cory Schrader reminds me of Joe Morris, NY Giants 1980s. He runs with power and authority that belies his size.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great comparison! One difference: Schrader's a bit more of a load, isn't he? He would have been fun to watch if he was on our team.

Maybe he's a double flashback to the Eighties: somewhere between John Riggins and Joe Morris. I lived in DC when Riggins and the Hogs carried the Redskins to a couple of Super Bowls. Talk about a guy who got stronger as the game went on! He just wore out the opposing D lines until they broke.

Schrader reminded me of that. I don't remember another game where JDJ repeatedly ended up being dragged or even lost his grip after wrapping the RB up. It's particularly impressive because Schrader's not even close to a Jerome Bettis -- or even Kendall Milton.