Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Brock Bowers return grows more likely, Ole Miss lineman reportedly injured in practice

SystemSystem Posts: 10,449 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageBrock Bowers return grows more likely, Ole Miss lineman reportedly injured in practice

ATHENS — Georgia and Ole Miss are moving in opposite directions on the injury reports, per sources close to the teams.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Oh please, oh please!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I for one don't want him back if he's not at least 90+ percent. Not if there is a risk of him injuring something else by compensating.

• Options
    Ugagolf80Ugagolf80 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

The only fly in the ointment is if the weather is supposed to be as bad as predicted, they might hold him back. We'll see.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's definitely not back unless Kirby is convinced he can be a full go. Really hoping the rain holds off, or at least isn't as bad as predicted. Not sure which team bad weather would hurt the most. Anyway, is there any sort of update on Mims ability to play this week? Go Dawgs!

• Options
    CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

Why are Walker and Sorey not even mentioned as replacements for JDJ? I have confidence in Allen and Wilson but it's strange the two guys with more experience are being treated like they don't exist this week

• Options
    SequoiaDawgSequoiaDawg Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

Simply not worth it. I find it hard to believe he's ready this quickly. I'd hate to see him get re-injured.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 473 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If I read correctly on another post Bowers return is a matter of pain tolerance, not a potential re-injury of the ankle

I can see him starting on the first play and then again in the redzone as he warms up

I don’t see him playing 30+snaps— but I’m usually just guessing like the rest of us

• Options
    NorthHallDawgNorthHallDawg Posts: 81 ✭✭✭ Junior

If nothing else use Brock as a decoy and give Ole Miss something to ponder... If they take him lightly, well...

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

Glad to hear Bowers is progressing so well, BUT I hesitate to put him back on the field this weekend. Rain forecast off and on Saturday, and I know the conditions of the field will be slick with potentially injury-prone footing.

My bet is he dresses and may see time on the field as a decoy or potentially more if we fall behind and need a spark. The guy is a competitor, so I know he is probably chomping at the bit to get back out there.

With wet conditions, turnovers could be a deciding factor. The run game will be pivotal to success for both teams.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey Yall Ron Courson has to clear Brock to play, so his input when it comes to injuries is just as important as Kirby’s, again when talking injuries.

As Yall already know Ron Courson is considered the Best of the Best among College Football Trainers/Sports Meds. He’s wrote the medical manuals that Many schools use as their standards !! So if he says Brock is good to go, then I as a fan am good with it. If he says No it’s to risky, then again I as a fan will accept it, because I realize Ron knows Far better than I do.

I’ve heard that Ron Courson is a absolute stickler at protecting players health, even Sometime to a little ire of the HCs ( he was here all of Coach Richt’s time, and I think before with Donnan to but not dead sure on that).

And Kirby won’t risk a players health either. So and If Brock does play it’ll be because he feels ready, and Courson and Kirby have signed off on him to. If he does play none of us have a real clue as to how much. But if he does play, I guess Brock himself and Courson & Kirby would be thinking the benefit out weighs the risk.

We’re in the rainy part of the year now, it’s possible for certain amounts of rain in all three of the remaining regular season games.

NO !!!! I would Never want to see him reinjured. But if he’s out there we can all be rest assured it was a carefully considered situation by all parties concerned, including Brock himself.

I certainly don’t know or have any insider knowledge but IF he Doesn’t play vs Ole Miss it sounds like he’s almost an Absolute for vs the Vols. But heck I don’t know !! I’m just so glad to hear he’s doing much better and closer to being back!! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 138 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great news that Bowers is progressing. Coach Smart will have the final say on whether Bowers will play or not. Coach Smart is no fool and will not take unnecessary risks. Let’s all have full faith and confidence in his decision. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree with you and the other sentiments proffered here.

I think that Coach Kirby would agree with this sentiment as well…..that Courson needs to give the go ahead and not leave it up to Bowers or a coaching need to make this decision!

However, my thought is that HE IS going to be 100% and that he will play!! The young man is a gamer and has undoubtedly worked his tail off to get ready to play....all reports (including this Mike G. article) indicate that his route running and speed have been optimal! ……and is getting better each day! And as @Brooksie said, it is looking like more of a pain-tolerance thing than a chance at re-injury.Admittedly, the weather could play a factor, but……

The better news is that we are not completely hamstrung to HAVE to play him as has been proven by the way the offense has stepped up in the last two games. Beck has distributed the ball very well and McConkey and Delp (along with Lovett, Thomas, MRJ and Bell) have taken up the slack......if we do get Bowers back, and I am hoping we do, that will be icing on the cake!

Not to mention a celebratory event for all of DawgNation!

Go Dawgs! Hate on Rebs!

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If Bowers is ready to play this soon then he truly is Superman.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

"If Bowers can return to the playing field for the 7 p.m. game between No. 2 Georgia and No. 9 Ole Miss it would be huge for the Bulldogs both schematically and spiritually." - MG

What, the heck? "Spiritually"? Bowers is a lot of things, and one of my fav players, but Mike, he cannot do anything for the soul. That's just jumping the shark, man. Give God his due. Wow.

• Options
    rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior