Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart shares where he still wants to see Carson Beck improve: ‘He’s not going to be perfect’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,508 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart shares where he still wants to see Carson Beck improve: ‘He’s not going to be perfect’

ATHENS — Carson Beck has done everything that’s been asked of him to this point. He’s led Georgia to an unbeaten record, keeping the offense humming even without Brock Bowers being available for the past two weeks.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 401 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Carson has such a strong arm, his downfield throws sail. Needs more hump or height or air as they say. In some ways, S Bennetts arm strength was perfect for downfield throws. When he slung it with all his might, it came down in a perfect place - 45 -50 yards or so. Carson can throw it 65, and that's too far. Stetson would put a lot of air under it (height), and the receiver would sometimes wait for it to get there. The receiver always has the advantage, just don't over throw him. Carson needs to throw it higher to take some of the distance out. My two cents that no one asked for...

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let’s be honest, extremely few people know what “NFL decision-makers” think of Beck, certainly no one in the press. Year in and year out, there’s mountains of proof that being employed by ESPN doesn’t make a talking head an expert, much less an NFL decision maker.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 666 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Exactly! Put more air under the ball and the receivers can catch up. Plus it’s harder to defend. When he’s throwing 40 yards downfield, most of the time he shouldn’t be just slinging it. Seems almost like he needs to unlearn his normal release when it comes to over-the-top long balls.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

And for gosh sakes, Beck needs to quit staring down his receivers and scan the whole field!

• Options
    sthop456sthop456 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

Beck just needs to take the pedal off a little on his deep throws. Most are accurate, just overthrown.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

On the flea flicker he tried to force it into Delp when he had a guy wide open in the center at the goal line.He's missed seeing some wide open guys over the course of the year, but SB did too from time to time.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

QBs are at a premium right now in the NFL. If you can sling it like Beck you are going no later than 3rd round. I think teams would absolutely take a flyer on him in the 2nd round maybe 1st if he balls out in the big games. If I were Beck I would be using my NIL money in taking out the OL and the wide receiver room.