Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia road favorite over Tennessee team riding 14-game home win streak

SystemSystem Posts: 10,463 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia road favorite over Tennessee team riding 14-game home win streak

ATHENS — An upset-minded Tennessee football team and fanbase will be waiting for Georgia in Neyland Stadium next Saturday afternoon, sitting as a 10-point underdog -- the smallest line of the year for the Bulldogs.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    brinkmanmsbrinkmanms Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dawgs have to keep in mind, this is the biggest game ever for Heupel. He needs a signature win in a bad way. The bama game was big last year, but faded quickly in Athens. I hope they can take the crowd out of the game early, it's a rivalry game. GATA !!!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I were a betting man, I'd take Missouri and 10 against uf. I think they'll beat flawida by 18-21 points.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If the selection committee places UGA in the #1 slot on Tuesday then it will be the same situation as last year when UT was #1 (albeit for 4 days 😉). Now the old shoe could be on the other foot so we need to be prepared for a payback mentality in Knoxville. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Per the usual, Tennessee scores a first possession TD and the final score: 63-10 Dawgs. Also, per the usual, by the middle of the third quarter, the Vol faithful will be gone and Neyland will become Sanford north with the red and black dancing in the aisles.

• Options
    brinkmanmsbrinkmanms Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kind of made me wonder last night why Kirby always defers. Seems that their first second half possession results in a quick 3 and out. Not complaining, just an observation. Might be a deciding factor against say, an Alabama or OSU.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wouldn't know how to bet that line. Kirby's going to do everything he can to just win and get his starters off the field ASAP, Heupel will do everything to just win, or score to the very last play.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think we can safely assume we're going to get a better game from Tennessee than Missouri did. Plus the crowd. It'll be a game at halftime, maybe even into the fourth. But as always, they'll fade down the stretch.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby defers because winning the second half is more important than winning the first. Ask Ohio State last year about that against UGA. And ask Kirby about that in 2017 and 2018 against Bama.

• Options
    GramsterGramster Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

Pretty sure the Vols are 15 and 0 under Josh Heupel the past 2plus seasons, last loss in Neyland was to the Dawgs in 2021...since then 2 home wins in 2021, followed by 7 home wins in 2022 and 6 so far this year...

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We are going to wipe Neyland stadium with the Vols. This one will not be close.

Dawgs in a rout. 55-24 with a td coming in garbage time for the Vols.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All I know is that I witnessed one RB run all over The Vols this past Saturday....albeit he's the best in the SEC......but we have 2 with another 2 just waiting to get their chance, I witnessed the #4 QB lead his team to a rout over the the #7 QB......The Dawgs have the #2 QB in the SEC (by just a few yards) leading our undefeated TEAM. The Dawgs have 6 receivers in the SEC top 50, the Vols 3.......but most importantly, The Dawgs are #1 in the SEC in discipline and execution because of #1 coaching......The Vols, not even close. So the game plan, start fast and take out the mountain hoogies in orange and The Vols home win streak.....after all, Josh Hoople needs something to shot for in his "rebuilding" next few years......BTW, take The Dawgs minus the 10.....it's a very safe bet!

• Options

We are going to rout the Vols and send the fans back to the forest for deer hunting season.

Dawgs early and big 55-17.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It won't be a blow out. Neyland will be rocking and loud. It will be a hard fought close game but the Dawgs pull out a win in the fourth quarter.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

Under the new clock rules a team may only get 4 possessions/half. Should you happen to start the 2nd half behind you want that extra possession. Plus many teams start slow and/or cautiously/tense. But biggest thing is a fast chance to cut into a lead (if necessary or bury a team) w/1st 2nd half possession.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I really don't understand these betting lines, either. I mean, how are we only 10-point favorites over Tennessee at this point in the season. Don't get me wrong, I'd be cool with a one-point victory, but I just don't understand why we aren't favored by more. Is it just because UT is at home? And it's the same line as UF-Missouri, which I also don't understand. Florida clearly doesn't have what it takes and Schraeder -- who is just like Brock Bowers in attitude and makeup, to me -- is going to run roughshod over them. Just don't understand, but again, I'll be happy with a 1-point win. Go Dawgs!

• Options

What people do not realize is we are healthier now then we have been all season.

How do you stop this offense? Bowers, McKonkey, Rara, Lovett, JackSaint, Milton, Edwards, Delp.

Mims is back and OL is at full strength now. Defense is only going to get better as Bell and Wilson are learning. Everette looks pretty good to me this weekend (cannot blame him for that 1 handed catch as coverage was good). Our safeties are the best in the land.

We will destroy this Tennessee Team. Book It!

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@CHDawg54

I don't know about that. In the games that they have lost - Mizzou, Bama, Florida - the Vols couldn't run the ball or stop the run. And Joe Milton's 65% passing is actually below average for a modern spread QB. Note that Carson Beck by comparison has 72% as a dropback QB in a pro style offense that hasn't had consistently dominant WR play. It would take a combination of UGA playing uncharacteristically poorly on pass defense and for some reason deciding not to mitigate the crowd noise and the Vols pass rush - which admittedly is pretty good - by just leaning on Edwards and Milton to keep the game close.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Florida actually played LSU a decent game being in Death Valley. But Mizzou's defense is way better than LSU's.