Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Confidence building on Rocky Top, Tennessee defense embraces ‘chaos’ of Neyland Stadium

SystemSystem Posts: 10,478 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageConfidence building on Rocky Top, Tennessee defense embraces ‘chaos’ of Neyland Stadium

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Tennessee players are ready to embrace the “chaos” of Neyland Stadium on Saturday and extend their 14-game home win streak.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UT has nothing to lose in this game. They will have their crowd in it. They are a mini Alabama, who can run the ball and throw deep. Dogs better be ready.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dawgs 42-TN 17

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

The Tigers more than doubled the Bulldogs rushing yardage that day — 219-107 — and won the turnover battle by a 2-1 margin.

But, but……the good guys still won!

And remember, many folks talked up that Neyland Stadium atmosphere the last time the Vols lost…..

It was when we put a forty burger on them….41-17!!

Go Dawgs! Hate on Vols!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So while the Vols are coming off a 36-7 road loss at Missouri, defensive lineman Kurott Garland believes the Vols will be prepared to be back in their raucous home stadium.

“I feel like if we can carry our mentality and our focus, and make sure we’re more honed into this upcoming game, then we should be ready for them,” Garland said.

This guy reminds of that Floriduh lineman who was saying, before that game, that “ they had to play us “….

You all remember how that turned out, right!?

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Some would have you to think the Vols are an injured animal playing with nothing to lose. That can be really dangerous if true. DAWGS better be prepared for a cat fight and if the orangemen turn out to be underwhelming- then just give it to the next gen and let them get some good reps in.

• Options
    flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Everyone has a plan.... our OLine is much better now than it was against Vandy. UT may score on the first drive but, we win easily.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think the best gameplan would be is to shut down the run as quick as possible. Milton, while showing flashes, is not a qb who consistently can beat teams with his arm. Teams like mizzou and Bama showed with enough pressure and shutting off the run game, tennessee is no good one dimensional. We keep their offense off the field and we'll eventually wear down that defense and take the crowd out of the game. I feel like we could either win this handily or if we make some mistakes(ST/penalties), it'll make it very interesting. And with Kirby saying that the team didn't practice good yesterday, it begins to make you nervous. Tennessee could very well be a 1 loss team right now. But like others have said, they got nothing to lose, so they'll come at us hard. We just gotta be ready.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Okay, Vols, we'll see you Saturday.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just hope the floodgates are working properly. Cause that’s allot of tears pouring in Neyland after the Dawgs thrash them yet Again !! Go Dawgs !! Put the hurt on them orange people !!

• Options

Neyland or No Neyland if the Dawgs bring close to their A game they Will win. Even if they bring their B game will make it more difficult but Still win. The They Had A Bad Practice thing from Kirby is a motivator tactic. I bet he’s pushing them Hard today and all the while Reminding them Glory is short lived.

Vols having to play Mizzou at Columbia gave the yellow clad Tigers some what of an edge, but not THAT big of an edge. They Stomped the Vols !! So figuring Neyland in Will help the Vols some. But not nearly enough. Just to much talent on this Dawgs team. I won’t try to give a score prediction, but Dawgs will win by at least 17 points, At Least.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is going to be a blowout. Why? Brock Bowers, Kendall Milton, Dajun Edwards, Ladd McKonkey.

• Options

Course they do have two weapons that we don’t have. Their field with its dips that make you think your on the ocean. And playing Rocky Top over and over again until you think your gonna 🤮.

P.S. On a serious note I wonder Have they did any work on that field ?? I know I’ve read where several SEC schools and even a couple of non conference schools have complained about how unlevel that field is. If not the SEC Commish should step in and compel them to fix it. ALL SEC fields should have to meet certain standards of quality. Especially now with two more schools joining the conference.

The game vs Vandy should have been played at an alternate site with the construction work they have going on. I make no exceptions for UGA, as Dawgs fans we Want It to be the crown jewel of the SEC or should. Not just for attendance capacity and comfort, but also the quality of the field to play on.

We should want and embrace being known as a high quality, Elite venue for games to be played. I haven’t been to a game in a long, long time due to my health, but I’ve read that UGA has invested $$ millions and $$ millions over the last ten to fifteen years in particular. That’s good !!

As B2B Ntl. Champions and Hopefully a 3Peat Champion we want Sanford Stadium and Dooley Field to be the very essence of Elite !! And every other element of Dawgs football !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    Bill71Bill71 Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

Coke on you guys, hunker down one. More. Time!

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not sure about the "motivator tactic" bit, but I did wonder what that meant. Did it mean that our offense just wasn't able to replicate what UT is doing so that our D had a really good go against defending it? Did it mean our D didn't do well defending our O's replication of UT's speed. Was it a combination of both? It sounded more like it was just a lack of energy. That's bad. My hope is that if that's the thing, it was a one-off. UT is not to be taken lightly. Especially not at home.

• Options

Oh I’m sure in Kirby’s eyes the practice was a poor one as compared to others. I’m not calling him a liar by a long shot. I’m just saying the rant was meant to motivate the Dawgs as well.

They Know he made his displeasure public. Plus you can bet he pushed them really, really hard today !! Now their peed off and will take that anger out on the Vols.

Never discount Any team. But Mizzou absolutely Stomped the Vols. Crushed them. As I said a little of that can be accounted to playing the Tigers at home. But home field advantage only goes so far. Our Dawgs didn’t crush the Tigers, but they did get the W. So to me Neyland Stadium will help the Vols some, but not enough.

If the Dawgs come to play they should beat the orange folks by At Least 17 points. I agree with you that the Dawgs need to be focused and all business though. Never take Any team for granted. But Kirby won’t let them take the Vols for granted. They’ll be ready.

Oh one last thing the Dawgs are used to playing come from behind football. The Vols not so much. Dawgs have came from behind to win numerous times this year. The Vols only one time. When the Vols get down they tend to Stay down and lose.

Those ultra tough practices the Dawgs endure every week have taught and conditioned them to face adversity and win. Now for me as a fan when we get behind in the first Qtr. as we have so many times. I’m pulling my hair out, chewing my fingers down to the bone, screaming, rolling around in my recliner, throwing my Dawgs cap, you name it Lol !! 😂

But it’s kind of become their MO. It’s almost like their baiting the rival, I’m sure their not deliberately doing that, but it looks like it sometimes. Must drive rival teams insane when their thinking Alright Dawgs we gotcha, and then it turns into Alright Dawgs we had ya !! 😀 Go Dawgs !!