Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football program raves about Mike Bobo: ‘I just love having him around’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football program raves about Mike Bobo: ‘I just love having him around’

For as much hand-wringing as there was this offseason about replacing former offensive coordinator Todd Monken, Mike Bobo has proven plenty capable of guiding Georgia’s offense.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ProKnoProKno Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

Mike Bobo is doing great!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Did TN tell Mizzou they were second in sacks and defense before that game? Guess not. Mizzou ate their defense alive. So will UGA. I believe TN will get called on many infractions. Their hate for UGA will beat them. Watch.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bobo was recognized as a semifinalist for the Broyles Award, given annually to the nation’s top assistant coach.  Well deserved!

I totally agree with Smart; Bobo and his staff have done an exceptional job of adjusting to so many injuries/starters missing games. How many offenses could lose a player like Brock Bowers and not miss a beat? Great job...

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There have been times this season when I scratched my head at some of the play calling. But no more and probably less than I did when Monken was OC. But they are executing CKS's offensive game plan.

So UGA is 6th in PPG and 5th in YPG. Would've been interesting to see where UGA ranks in time of possession. UGA is not a quick strike O. And the number of possessions/team/game are down due to the new clock rules. Making it imperative, going forward, to not digging a hole that has to be rallied from.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

About 3 weeks ago...the preliminary results of an impact study, regarding the new "clock rules", was released. According to the study...there was 4.5 fewer plays per game. I'd be curious to see the final numbers at the end of the season. It doesn't appear to have that great an impact (so-far) on game-time.

That being said...[with respect to televised games]...I have noticed a tremendous increase in "Commercials" and a lot fewer replays and play breakdowns from the Booth.

I was watching 4 games on multi-view last Saturday...and noticed that 3 of the 4 games, were on a "Commercial Break" at any given time. That's when i realized how much advertising time we are granting these providers...to sell us stuff. Very little "actual gametime".

i think money and advertising is the main reason for the "clock rule changes". Less gametime...means more time for Commercials. If that's NOT the reason...then games should be lasting 2.5 hours...NOT 3 hours. They think they're slick.

Maybe...some of these variations are due to fast paced offenses that are being used to mitigate the clock effect.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mike Bobo has always been a blessing to UGA since his playing days. He loves UGA and UGA loves him. He's living the life, a star as a player, a star as a coach, the OC to the best team in college football, and he gets to live in the Classic City of Athens, GA with his family. What a blessing for UGA. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I expect to see Tennessee take cheap shots as their frustration grows due to Bobo's schemes and our execution to exploit The Vol weaknesses . Josh Hoople, thinking he has Home cooking ref's will think he'll get away with anything if it leads to a win. Tennessee does not come close to matching our talent, execution and sure as hell no where close to our coaching.....a two TD lead will get the Vol Faithful hitting the gates headed home.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Amen, Brother. I'm so proud of those boys. Mike Bobo [& Son], Will Muschamp [& Son], Kirby Smart, Bryan McClendon, Mike Cavan...and all the other former Dawgs that contribute to their Alma Mater and Football Program.

That goes for all the other UGA Athletic Programs, as well....right?...Dominique Wilkins? Lol...he contributed a Son to the down-but-not-out Bulldog Basketball Program.

Go Dawgs!!! The Junkyard Brotherhood...it's what's for life!

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

I always dread these trips to Tenn - that field is the worst! I would hate it if any of our players had season ending injuries right before the SEC Championship game because of that sorry turf. Knee, ankle injuries are the main thing I am worried about. Once this game is out of hand, take the starters out.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep. Agree. And it’s very rare to see Em bring out the chain gang to verify a first down. They still do but it seems very rare. Where it used to be if there was any doubt about the spot here would come the chain gang. The commercials drive me even crazier than I already am !! 😂

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike Bobo is a human being. There for like all humans he makes mistakes. I’ve made plenty and then some added to plenty !! But in my humble view he has done an Excellent job. Especially when considering all the injuries And the timing of those injuries.

So he’s not only done a fine job play calling in the booth, but also coaching in practices, and with roster management. Again he Will make mistakes from time to time as we All do. But the Good he does vastly outweighs the bad.

Bobo is in his element now being back at UGA. He’s a Winner now. And he has and will continue to help make our Dawgs winners !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Beck gets his long game dialed in, watch out! We have left a lot of points on the field because of over throws when a receiver was behind the defense for certain TDs. Having that extra split second with a healthy offensive line should help. This offense is as fun to watch as any we have had under Kirby!

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bobo haters have been very, very quiet. And there were lots on here. Fess up.

Anyone still hating the hire? Anyone still doubting Kirby's decisions and choices of coaches? Anyone still thinking their opinion was right and Kirby's was wrong?

Great job Mike "The Silencer" Bobo!

Bobo might be about to win a Natty in year ONE!

Mike Bobo? What was Kirby thinking? I will tell you what he was thinking: Lots and lots of YARDS AND POINTS!

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior

Regarding the commercials comments.

yes they truly are horrible

we now start watching the game two hours after the start so we can fast forward through the commercials and idiot announcers.

it still takes close to two hours to watch the game.

you guys have to be sure to stay off the internet and your phone until you’re done.

• Options
    DawggieDawggie Posts: 70 ✭✭✭ Junior

The proof’s in the pudding, our offense is better in every category than any team in consideration for the playoff, and just barely behind LSU for the SEC’s best.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No if only the other 9,999 Bobo detractors will step up and admit they had no clue how the current offense would preform with CKS as head coach.

thanks for being humble. It’s appreciated.