Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Josh Heupel and Kirby Smart agree: Georgia-Tennessee starts on the ground

SystemSystem Posts: 10,502 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageJosh Heupel and Kirby Smart agree: Georgia-Tennessee starts on the ground

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Josh Heupel is known for his explosive, uptempo high-scoring offenses, but the Tennessee coach will tell you it all starts on the ground,

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

Milton is a better passer than I gave him credit for looking at the stats but what both BAMA and Mizzou were able to do was take away Tenn's running game with their RB's. Both of those games it was Milton who was the leading rusher with like 55 yards or so. I think we know what we have to do.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA DL rotation mentioned by the TN RB coach. Multiple UGA DL (97, 96, 90, 94) were dinged up last week vs MS. Have not seen an injury update on those players. Hopefully everyone (sans 10, 12) will be available this week.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. If Mizzou accomplished it, so can UGA. Must curb the ground game of the RBs. UGA also has the talent to stop the pass. Milton may have improved but so has UGA's defense. Mizzou crushed TN. The Dawgs are simply better than they are...I feel. No reason UGA cannot put up 40 or more on the Vols, allowing maybe 10 pts on UGA.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 399 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope some freshman D Lineman are ready. UT is similar to Bama, they run the ball and throw deep.

• Options

Tenn. averaged scoring around 20 points against BAMA, KY, Mizzou and Texas A&M. So, looking at UGA 41-Tenn 19.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’d like to see the Dawgs start with the ball first and score on the opening drive. I believe that would help take the crowd out of it, and play the first quarter with a lead instead of from behind.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 664 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IMO the unique challenge for us in this game is the environment: A road game against a team that's a lot better than Auburn or Vanderbilt and in one of the toughest places for a visitor to play. I'm hoping we'll have a convincing win to stay #1, but let's be honest: This Tennessee team may be overranked at #18.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 399 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

They are over ranked, but any sec team in their home stadium is super dangerous.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

Hey @MikeGriffith, logged in to give you a shoutout for a good article and solid coverage of the Tennessee game this week.

I particularly enjoyed the linked video to Jerry Mack’s press conference. I was not familiar with him, but he is a gem for Tennessee and appears to deserve a long and successful coaching career. I also thought your question concerning JDJ being out and our freshman LBs was excellent, as was his response.

We are lucky to have a beat reporter of your caliber on this site.

Keep up the good work! 👍

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ Junior

The Vols may be over ranked, but they are an able team with nothing to lose, everything to gain, and playing at home. I want to see the Dawgs take the opening possession and stuff it down their throat for a touchdown. Let’s get out in front immediately and make them chase the game. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OK credit to the Vols crowd when playing in Neyland. They are loud and raucous. Noise level Will be an issue. Vols would dearly love to upset our Dawgs and exact long awaited revenge. The Home field does give them Some advantage. But not enough.

I’d be Extremely Disappointed if our Dawgs lost this game. But In Particular having watched Mizzou just totally dismantle the Vols, largely on the work of the Tigers RB. Others contributed but primarily that one Tigers RB led to the utter beat down of the Vols.

SO I figure Milton & Edwards with Bell & Robinson factoring in should generate sufficient run game power to augment Beck throwing to Bowers, McConkey, Lovett, RaRa, Rosemy-JackSaint, Delp, others. Not to mention Woodring has become very consistent with FGs.

Yeah the Vols Could upset the Dawgs, but I honestly don’t think they Will upset the Dawgs. And I don’t think there’s Any chance at all what so ever of our Dawgs going in there all over confident and over look the Vols. NO. The Dawgs Will be focused and Will be about the business at hand.

So to upset the Dawgs, the Vols will have to flat out beat them, and I just don’t think they have the level of talent in terms of depth to accomplish that. It takes every second of four qtrs. to do that, and like the Vols player noted “They just keep rotating people in and out”. The Vols Do have some talented players, BUT they Don’t have the depth of talented players that UGA has.

So even With the home field advantage the Dawgs will win this game as the level of Talented Depth enables them to break away from the Vols mid to late third Qtr. I do think this will be a worrisome game for Dawgs fans until about mid to late third Qtr. when the Dawgs Will break away and seal the win. If the Dawgs lose this game I will Still love and support them, but will wonder what in the world the break down could possibly be ?? As the Dawgs are Significantly the more powerful team.

I caution Myself and my fellow Dawgs fans not to panic if the Vols score first, and Even if the Dawgs don’t initially answer that. No rival team can afford to count themselves a winner till the last tick of the clock vs these Dawgs as they have faced adversity quite a few times only to come roaring back to win. The Vols on the other hand have only managed that One time all season. Go Dawgs !!

P.S. That was All the compliments I had for the Vols. So outside of that it’s Go Dawgs Crush them Orange People and make an Orange Crush out of Em !!

• Options
    SequoiaDawgSequoiaDawg Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

Just win baby!

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Hemingwey Than you for the kind words!!! It has been a fun season to cover the Dawgs, for sure