Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Josh Heupel praises Georgia, but says Tennessee did not play its best football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,449 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageJosh Heupel praises Georgia, but says Tennessee did not play its best football

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Josh Heupel knows what championship football looks like having quarterbacked Oklahoma’s 2000 national title team and coached against Georgia his first three seasons at Tennessee.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah he was very complimentary. And My comments don’t show good sportsmanship. I guess I was being pretty tough on Heupel.

He couldn’t very well come out there and say “ Georgia is a great team but My team stinks”. I’ll give him This, he’s done better than any of their HCs since Fulmer left. And he’s recruiting pretty well. I’m Not gonna wish him tons of success as after all him and his Vols are rivals.

But he did take a program that was in utter chaos when he got it and made it much better. To me other than our Dawgs of course, the rising program in the SEC East as it’s defined right now is Mizzou. Drinkwitz has that program trending up.

2024 is sure gonna be an interesting year with TX and OK joining the conference. Still I think our Dawgs will be the King of the hill even then !!

Kirby built a rock solid foundation and has just kept building better and better on that platform. Just look how many young guys got So many real game snaps This year !! Then add in having thus far the number one recruiting class in the country !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

Typical UT. Excuses, excuses.... Every year, the same old dance.

• Options
    TransplantedDawgTransplantedDawg Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yeah, I get it, stand up for your team but the reality is that without that first blown play by Georgia, it’s 38-3 and barely 200 yards in offense, The reason you didn’t “have your best game” is because you had Dawgs on you all night!!

• Options
    Ugagolf80Ugagolf80 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think hearing "Rocky Top" too many times has scrambled his brain. Good for him he only heard it once, after the first play. LOL

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hard to play you best while you are being dragged under a Cat D6 bulldozer…

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Beachwagon

And of course, you got to have the bucket down, LOL!!!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Right On Henddawg, talent alone will not win championships, especially when the focus is on one or two skill players...ie: QB/RB or Receiver.Every player must buy into the culture of "Better Never Rest" and TEAM first so that when the inevitable injury bug hits, your 2's, 3's and 4's are just as elite as your starters so that the culture of "Next Man Up" is a reality......regrettably, for the Vols, Coach Hoople, albeit an OK coach and a hell of a QB, does not meet the requirement

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Heupel wanting to make the alumumni believe they just played a "bad game" and that the difference between the two programs really isn't as far apart as it is. Coach speak.

• Options
    RS289RS289 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

They might not had played their best game. I don't think it would have mattered. The Dawgs talent is a lot better than the Vols. Gary D was surely cheering for the Vols. He has to be the most Bias commentator on TV. He will sink to new lows Dec. 2nd.