Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football stock report: Peaks and valleys in 38-10 win on Rocky Top

SystemSystem Posts: 10,702 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football stock report: Peaks and valleys in 38-10 win on Rocky Top

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Kirby Smart has noted Georgia football is improving each week, to the extent opposing teams are noticing — and praising — the Bulldogs.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The rush defense stat not posted: 2.2 ypc after the 1st play. 24 carries for 55. Not too bad. Defense really stepped up in a big way after that bust.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Which is also why it was mentioned during the game that Kirby was upset when they decided to make tech a night game. Why change it all of a sudden?

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stock up: Tykee Smith was flying all over the field and making plays. Looks strong after numerous injuries.

Stock up: Stacy Searels. After another injury, lineman were prepared. Fairchild moved from left to right guard and Morris stepped in at left guard. His rotation throughout the season pays off. He is rotating O lineman at a level we don't usually see at UGA and it is keeping players fresh and ready for action.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You are correct that there is a winner take all obstacle waiting in the SECCG. But there are some other teams capable of winning the CFBNC this season. After UGA and AL , OSU/MI, TX and WA/OR are all capable of winning it all. None will be an easy out.

Should UGA lose the SECCG there is a chance that UGA could be left out of the playoffs. The committee probably wants UGA included for the entertainment value of watching a team try to 3peat. But all that is off with WA and OSU/MI undefeated and a 1 lose BIG 12 champion (TX) and an AL SECCG win.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not many valleys in a 38-10 win in Neyland, Mike. Almost a near perfect game. Take away the 1st play of the game and they scrap together 3 points!

Oscar missed a ball and BB missed one( 3rd one he should have caught in the 3 years I've watched him,so he is human) but he's caught several he had no business catching and he's had more yardage after the catch than anyone I've ever seen catching it (when you factor in contact) to more than make up for a once a year miss.

One of the most satisfying wins of the year in my book!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 991 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is where TEAM leadership will come through.....it is so easy to not take Tech seriously and look forward to Bama. If The Vols can score in one play, Tech can too....The Vols didn't after that first misque and I'm confidant our TEAM leaders will bring this fact everyday this week, especially Defensively.....Our leaders will emphasize TCB everyday on every play to reinforce Kirby & Company admonishments.....not to worry, for weeks now we've kept a keen eye on those Pack-a-germs....we know that we must stop the run, pressure Milroe and make him have to beat us through the air...... a shoot out you say.....ain't goin to happen, cause The Dawgs have The Best QB, Receivers, RB's, O-Line, D-Line, Secondary, and Special Team in the SEC and had Bama played Mizzou they would be the third best team in the SEC.

• Options
    CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 127 ✭✭✭ Junior

@GtheGreek

You mean the Mizzou team that needed a field goal with 10 seconds left to beat under-500 Florida at home?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mizzou no doubt had a let down after that drubbing of Tennessee the previous week after Tenn ran up the score on them the year before! It was sweet revenge and an emotional win. Perfect trap game with FLA. Don't know where their defense was Saturday. I said early on in the 4th quarter, last team with the ball wins.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sure, any of those teams could theoretically win it all if things went their way. All are better than any team that Georgia's played.

But, after Bama, I think OR & MI are chief threats.

TX wouldn't AL in Austin-- the way those two teams have been playing since the second week of the season.

WA has an amazing passing game but not much of a run game and a middling defense. And Oregon's QB is actually having a better season than Penix. If OR gets by the Beavers, they'll clobber the Huskies in the rematch.

I know I'm in the minority when it comes to OSU, but Michigan just seems like the stronger team, especially in the trenches. OSU was a great team when they played us last year, but it was all about Stroud. And McCord ain't no Stroud, not by a longshot. If OSU wins, it'll only be because Harbaugh's not on the sidelines, and B10 will not have sent its best team to the semis.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Of all the teams after Bama for our Dawgs to face if narrowed down to just one. For me it would be OR. I know, I know, Kirby and the Dawgs have always seemed to have Bo Nix’s number. But he’s playing probably the best football he’s ever played in his career, And he’s surrounded by a much better cast than before.

Plus with Lanning at the helm their Defense is Much better than previously. NO GAMES left can be taken for granted by our Dawgs. None. But and if the Dawgs continue to play like they did vs Ole Miss and then TN, I honestly Believe they Will 3Peat !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2023

Separate note:

Is anyone else receiving virus warnings from the Dawgnation site? I am getting them when using my phone and 2 different computers. And it is happening within multiple stories. And, it is ONLY happening on the Dawgnation site.

**I should note, the warnings look to be of the fake/phishing variety**