Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

While Buster Faulkner helps, Kirby Smart knows this isn’t the same old Georgia Tech team

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageWhile Buster Faulkner helps, Kirby Smart knows this isn’t the same old Georgia Tech team

ATHENS — You’d be forgiven for not knowing who Buster Faulkner is if you’re a Georgia football fan.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"..has helped raise the talent profile of Georgia Tech. The Yellow Jackets pulled off upset wins over Miami and Georgia Tech earlier this season."

I stopped reading at this. Come on, lol.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm happy for Tech. They are moving up, and they have a good group of three stars coming in next year, some four stars. I miss the rivalry, which just hasn't been there in years. Paul Johnson was the wrong coach for them, and they ended up with the wrong players. I hope Tech sticks with their coach, because he looks like he could make a difference.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Yellow Jackets pulled off upset wins over Miami and Georgia Tech earlier this season.

I'll have to find the YouTube highlight tapes of these games. I'm pretty sure I missed one of them.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

kylnmeg10…I did the exact same thing! Typical Connor article. Just too difficult to try and read. Lazy journalism. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

One mistake and your are clobbered. Wow, harsh.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Glad to see Tech doing well. We're still going to clobber them, but it helps us if the competition makes the game more interesting. Haynes dual threat ability will be a good run-up test to Bama and Milroe.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

All Right, All Right, All Right guys, let's cut Connor some slack....we all know Tech won games against Miami.....because of a DACD, dumb arse coach decision and North Carolina because Brett Seither TD with seconds left.....I'm thinking The Dawgs will not cover......the closer the score in the obvious defeat, the better the bowl paring for Tech,.....Kirby is and always will be The Consummate Sportsman,....and once our dominance is established "Development Time" begins and we will see how our 2's, 3's and 4's perform and I'm thinking that one day, if and when Bobo wants to try another HC gig (I don't think he will) or retire as one of the Primier OC's ever.....Buster would be our guy????

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ever since he's been back and really settled in, I feel like this will be be his last job. Same with muschamp. Why wouldn't they? Getting paid a ton of money. Didn't fair so well as HCs elsewhere. Plus they're at their Alma mater and enjoying success they were nowhere close to when they were players. They may still end up doing it, but it's also hard to leave Athens, regardless.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The Ramblin' Wreck is going to get wrecked......again.