Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart insight into Georgia football drive for 3-peat, historical run

SystemSystem Posts: 10,462 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart insight into Georgia football drive for 3-peat, historical run

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Kirby Smart took a place in history Saturday night that will likely never be replicated.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia's breaking so many records, it seems like they reach another one with each win - "If Georgia beats Georgia Tech, it will match Florida State and Clemson for having the longest winning streak of the four-team CFP Era (2014-present)."

Simply amazing job by Kirby - staff and the players. These are the best days that any Georgia fan has ever seen!

• Options
    ConcernedConcerned Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

Mike -

Remember, it should be 29 games and 28 conference games because Vanderbilt refused to play Georgia in the COVID year.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawg888 @SmartsTheMan Amen to Both of Y’all’s comments !! No Matter what the remaining future holds for this years Dawgs team, I can’t see how Any True Dawgs fan wouldn’t be Very, Very proud of them.

1) New at being the Current OC, Bobo 2) New at being the Starting QB, Beck 3) The most injuries in a single year Ever since Kirby became HC, 4) So Many young and green guys playing in Critical situations, Not just garbage time 5) The Ultra Intense pressure of trying to accomplish something not done by Any UGA team, Ever, and by No CFB team since 1936.

I kind of wonder if Even fans from other teams Might look and quietly to themselves say Wow !! As a Dawgs fan most all of my life since about age 6, I am So Very Proud of these Dawgs, just as much if not more than their predecessors !! Go Dawgs !!

Oh and let me add this I’m Very Proud of the Dawgs fan base as well. Dawgs fans have supported this team to the max. !!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like everything about the current streak, but what I like best is the culture Kirby has built. Baked into the culture as a basic principle is the maxim that we must always continue to improve. There is zero complacency. Nobody is resting on laurels.

Georgia Tech is an intermittently formidable foe this season. I expect Tuesday's practice will reflect a sure and certain knowledge that we have at least two more opportunities to not take any opponent for granted.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

The 28 game win streak started in 2021, so Vandy cancelling had no effect on the win streak.

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 138 ✭✭✭ Junior

The current state of the Georgia Bulldogs football program is a reflection of you, Coach Smart. They are committed, determined, cool under pressure, resilient…I can’t say enough good things about our Bulldogs under your leadership. Thank you!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We may not win it all this year but this stretch run is the greatest of any team I can remember except for Nebraska in the 90s. The Miami teams were great but had gap years. The USC teams were great but they split one year. Of course the Bama teams were great as well.

This team might be better than all of those. Time will tell but I like our chances.

With Kirby at the helm our down years are New Year's 6 bowls. Pinch me.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, about that terrible practice last Tuesday . . . lol. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ConcernedConcerned Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

Sorry,

I meant the 27 game conference streak should be 28.