Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football-Georgia Tech instant observations as Bulldogs run the state of Georgia once again

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football-Georgia Tech instant observations as Bulldogs run the state of Georgia once again

ATLANTA — Georgia football made history on Saturday night. The Bulldogs won yet again, besting rival Georgia Tech 31-23. That the Bulldogs beat the Yellow Jackets is hardly of note given the way this rivalry has gone since the turn of the century.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Instant observations? Sloppiest game of the CKS era. '23 LB's are the worst of the CKS era.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Terrible game to watch, Defense was terrible, Milton was a BEAST, thank goodness for him or this is an L.

Edwards, you CANNOT fumble the football on the first offensive drive, on the road, in a rivalry game. Sorry, but you just cannot do that. There was no helmet on the ball, you just let a yellow bug **** you while you tried to dance for an extra yard instead of securing the football.

We need you to reach our goals of a three peat, so flush it and don’t let it happen again.

On to Alabama.

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Two years ago a generational defense lost the SECCG to Alabama! This defense has a hard time stopping anybody! Instead of a 3peat Natty next Saturday may be a repeat of 2021! Not optimistic!

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

**** that was ****! We play like that next week and we’re going to get our butts handed to us. Go Dawgs!

• Options

I hate that I have this opinion, but IF our Dawgs do NOT have 3 of those 4 offensive players that were OUT tonight BACK against Alabama, Bowers being ONE of them, you can hang up an L right now.

Beck needs at least 3 of those weapons back, or it isn’t gonna happen.

🤷‍♂️

And to all the supporters of the expanded CFP to 12 teams, THIS injury things will play a bigger and more vital role in that joke of a decision because then these 19 year olds will be playing even MORE games as they make the playoffs! Instead of 12 + 1 + 2, it could be as many as 12 + 1 + 4.

Personally, I think that is just plain nuts for Division I college football.

• Options
    edited November 2023

@UGADad20

Today’s game was bad, sloppy and then some, but have to disagree on the “sloppiest of CKS era”.

THAT belongs to the Sugar Bowl game down in New Orleans against Texas with Jake Fromm at QB. January 1, 2019.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/texas-vs-georgia-score-sugar-bowl-2019-longhorns-outduel-bulldogs-for-big-win-in-new-orleans/amp/

And it isn’t even close. I was there, 12 rows up, in the Orleans MB Superdome, with 4 others, $6k completely down the drain.

Worst weekend and worst Game I have ever seen Georgia play and Coach Smart Coach since 2016.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm really hoping Kirby is sandbagging Bama, but the defense I saw tonight couldn't stop anybody. The question is why? Everette continues to be a liability in the secondary and Mews is reckless with the ball. This should have been a 30 point win. Instead, UGA gave the bugs hope. And most likely Bama too.

On a high note, the looks on the faces of the Auburn faithfull on the last play of the Iron Bowl was priceless. I hope the Dawgs are good and PO'd next week. They better be. Tonight's bunch looked asleep.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Disney Dawg writers strike again. I'm not reading the whole article, because I knew how it would be apologetic to a terrible showing.

Instead of writing what you wrote about Beck, write this instead. He completed 13 of his 20 attempts for 175 yards. He was intercepted in the end zone but that came off a deflection in the fourth quarter. Add this, ON A PASS HE SHOULDN'T HAVE THROWN. And also got lucky on an earlier almost interception. It was a bad game for Beck. He was throwing to whatever receiver was covered the tightest.

Yes, the 29 game win streak is awesome. But losing next week, it could very much be for nothing. If the other 3 favorites all win (Washington, Michigan, and FSU) and UGA loses. They will probably find themselves out of the playoffs.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm sorry, Mike, but did we watch the same game tonight? I'd consider a one-score game late in the fourth quarter as a game with the outcome in doubt. And, I wouldn't exactly say UGA was "pulling away" from Tech in the fourth quarter. And was ANY UGA fan confident that if Tech had gotten the ball back one last time that our defense would have stopped them? They had just driven 75 yards on us to make it an 8-point game. Also, Mike, you say Beck didn't need Thomas or Bowers or McConkey. I would argue that he definitely did need them, that the reason he threw for a season-low 175 yards was because he was missing his top receivers. He threw to other people because he HAD TO but it was clear his timing with most of those guys was off all night long. And the defense **** wind all night long. I know the stats might show they played well in the middle portion of the game, but they never seemed like they were in complete control of Tech, especially their edge running game. And that leads to the coaching. This was first time in a really long time that I felt like the UGA coaching staff was on its heels. It's like they never could make the right adjustments to just shut Tech down. And on offense, they stuck with the RB rotation regardless, even though it was clear that Milton had the hot hand.

Anyway, it's still a win. Just hoping -- praying, really -- that UGA will answer the bell next week. I'm sure 'Bama will want to atone for its (lucky) lackluster showing today against Auburn. And with a probable CFP berth on the line, both teams will come something to prove. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    SR_JRSR_JR Posts: 45 ✭✭ Sophomore

Glad you feel the same way about Everette. I know he was slick happy Humphrey went down because he would've lost his job by now. Which makes me think that Nylan Green is not what he was advertised. I'm wondering why Mews is even out there on the field when you have Starks/Bell/OTHERS that could be back there. But hey we are just fans.

• Options
    CharlestonDawgFanCharlestonDawgFan Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Junior

Did anyone notice Kirby run right past GT head coach for the handshake and the GT coach basically spinning him back around to get his attention? I’m sure it was an honest mistake, but it’s fun to think those dirty bees are just too beneath Kirby to acknowledge the coach. Sloppy win, but another win none the less.

• Options
    JTM22JTM22 Posts: 62 ✭✭✭ Junior

This was a “let’s go in, win, and call it a day” type game. We’ve seen it before where they don’t tip their hand and when time to play the Floridas, Kentuckys, Ole Miss, they came to play. At least that’s what I hope