Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Final grades from Georgia football win over Georgia Tech

SystemSystem Posts: 10,473 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageFinal grades from Georgia football win over Georgia Tech

ATHENS — Kirby Smart didn’t feel the need to apologize for Georgia’s win on Saturday against rival Georgia Tech.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior

I am constantly impressed with how well our bulldogs handle the press.

• Options
    AndrewHughesAndrewHughes Posts: 16 ✭✭ Sophomore

I hope they practice like our season depends on it, because it does.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fair grades based on what happened. I would argue (not too loudly) that the O line grade should be higher given the ridiculous nature of 2 of the calls cited for the slight downgrade. The ineligible lineman downfield on Van Pran was a complete joke, especially when his presence had absolutely nothing to do with the play, and the holding call on Fairchild on the play prior was equally ridiculous. Just poor officiating all night by the crew and the vast majority of bad calls went against the DAWGS. Good overall grade - a win is a win but it had enough bad for everyone.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

I feel our defense got whipped and they should buy the offense steak dinners this week because our offense was our best defense in this game. Multiple plays of being out of position and also poor tackling.

thankful for the win

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There were blown assignments and coverages in addition to poor tackling. It was the poorest defensive game in the last three years. The offense gets a pass in my opinion due to all the missing pieces but the Dawgs will need to show up ready to play on both sides of the ball against Bama or we can forget about the threepeat.

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

SEC officiating continues to be poor, at best. Not sure what it will take for it to get fixed. These games have national implications. Is this an unintended consequence of NCAA DEI policy?

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ref's? Please. Did the ref's rush for over 200 yards on the UGA "defense"? For the most part the Ref's let them play. When you are the better team that's what you want.

Glad to see Mews had heard CKS's message of "never letting a punt hit the ground". But he applied it to KO's. Fielding that KO on the sideline right before it went out of bounds cost UGA 20 yards of filed position. Forced to start from the 15 instead of the 35. That was a bad choice.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Beck...C+.....Being generous at that. A bad night is a bad night. Could be a C. He better transform his game by next Saturday. I truly believe he will. Defense better find a way to stop run game. Bama gonna run. Bama and UGA will play far better than they did Saturday.

• Options
    ancelyancely Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby said the crew are acc officials. They officiate like the teams play. Poor or worse

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Refs? LOL, no. There is only one word in my mind: "sloppy". We looked like we were hung over or something. Total lack of focus. Remember that fumbled fair catch that luckily went out of bounds? The flag that gave Tech fresh sets of downs? The opening drive for Tech? Heck, that slide by Beck when he could've easily gotten 1st down? That was the nature of the game.

But, that was the norm for teams this week, so I'm just glad it's over. Rest and refocus and get ready for the battle next Sat.

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2023

Other than Kendall Milton and the O-line there's not much to be happy about. Don't know if it was Tech's lousy boom box sound system annoying the team or what. Sloppy play, lack of discipline, getting burned on QB keepers, too many penalties and turnovers. Kirby has a busy week ahead.

Milton = A+

O-line = A

Special Teams = B

Beck = C-

Defense = D+

“Ain’t nothing to celebrate about for real,” safety Javon Bullard said. “I feel like we didn’t really play to our standard. That’s what it is."

“We’re in crunch time, championship week, playoff mode,” Bullard said. “If we give up 200 yards rushing to Bama, it’s not going to end pretty."

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

From a fan standpoint, the game was frustrating. From a football perspective, it was practically perfect. Run on one of the worst rush defenses in the country, get a win without any other significant injuries, and get back to close to full strength for the game that matters…Bama!

• Options
    mnbdawgmnbdawg Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

Lets give the coaching staff a big "D", they did not make an adjustment all night. The defensive line was on there heels all night, we played a three man line with the linebackers playing five to ten yards deep. Tech had us out numbered on the line all night and the coaches did nothing but watch. Of course the DBs looked bad, all any team has to do is pick on #6. I do agree with Kirby with one thing, even playing our C game we still beat the bugs.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some are confusing a good Ga Tech run game/poor tackling and getting pushed around on our part with the referree's calls? Huh?

WHat do they have to do with one another? Both can be true.

One of the main comments across the board on here and in talking with my UGA fan friends yesterday was the ref job against us. Not sure what game some were watching.I believe even BRandon Adams is even mentioning it.

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

I didn't think anyone could be worse than SEC officials. They must have more lawyers than we do.