Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Smart’s unbeaten Dawgs still have ‘a lot’ of things to fix

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageSmart’s unbeaten Dawgs still have ‘a lot’ of things to fix

Saturday night’s game in Atlanta was emblematic of the Dawgs’ 2023 season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 371 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That's pretty good. The picture with the tech QB running shows the offensive lineman holding but no call. That was the case all night. Geez, those guys were bad.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"Of course, another factor was an ACC officiating crew that at times seemed to be trying its best to keep the Jackets in the game."

The officiating in general has bee crappy all season but last night was just outright cheating by an ACC crew. Officials are supposed to be impartial and that hasn't been the case all over the NCAA this season. They need to be evaluated on their performance and fired for showing any bias.

• Options
    LawDawg23LawDawg23 Posts: 14 ✭✭ Sophomore

Bill, you left out Mews muffed punt reception on the sideline that was nearly recovered by Tech. But, for the sideline, this would have been a third turnover to set up great field position for Tech. You can argue that it was not a turnover, but Mews allowed the ball to hit his chest and drop between his legs. Hardly "exemplary" by any standard. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That crew was one of the worst. We had 2 bad crews this year. The other one was Mizzu game which I was there for and to me was the worst crew in about 10 years I have seen.

Not sure what the he double hockey sticks is going on in the referee profession but it must be a symptom of our greater culture. Impartiality died in this country and is infecting sports as well. Anyone with half an eyeball could see the holding was so great and the calls so one-sided. Only tv review prevented that bogus pi call. Thank goodness the referees were shamed into making that one right.

What an absolute joke of a conference the ACC is. Unfortunately, the referees for the SEC are not much better and have a history of tilting the game towards Alabama and Auburn over the years. Can we get a fair game called next week? Will they actually call holding on Alabama?

Alabama has perfected the Art of The Hold and NOT GETTING CALLED. You may not have seen it but zoom in on the 2 guys Auburn sent to rush Milroe. One guy is being held almost completely. So the rule seems to vary from conference to conference but is rarely called in big games and rarely called against Alabama. So what does that mean for us next week?

It means we need to blitz and stunt so it is hard for them to hold us.

SCHUMANN WAKE THE HECK UP AND BLITZ YOU DOLT!

• Options
    SequoiaDawgSequoiaDawg Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

Dawgnation could use more of your articles Bill King! We're contemporaries, so I am biased...

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2023

I have been savoring them Bill. Then I read this and it was like wow, I wish I would not have read this. What was the point of it? Point out everything negative possible? How lucky UGA was?

Bill must not have yet realized that the Dawgs do not go all out, do not get all hyped up, against lessor competition, teams they really do not consider a threat. Did he just miss the visit to Knoxville? Where you been Bill?

We will all see a much different team next Saturday.

But still with a defense that will likely give up a TD their first time on the field.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THe Refs were not just bad, it was the first time(at least that I can remember) that I honestly believed the refs were trying to throw the game. Sad. Whenwe threw the TD pass to Bell late, I said to myself"they'll probably bring it back." Oh, wait, there's an inelllegible man down field. Yeh, right!

• Options
    bobcdawgbobcdawg Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

We definitely want to beat Bama, for multiple reasons. We don't want to leave anything to chance or the fates of other teams or the whims of the committee. It's going to be a Dawg fight.