Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

In Georgia-Alabama ‘trench war’, Amarius Mims-Dallas Turner matchup is a pivotal battle

SystemSystem Posts: 11,029 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageIn Georgia-Alabama ‘trench war’, Amarius Mims-Dallas Turner matchup is a pivotal battle

ATHENS — Georgia knows it will have its hands full on Saturday when it takes on the Alabama pass rush.

Read the full story here

Comments

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 440 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Alabama couldn't stop Auburn's running game. Need some clever plays to take advantage of their issues.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Every time I read an article about UGA and Alabama, I keep reading about all the guys that Alabama has that "we" (UGA) really wanted and eventually lost. Terrion Arnold, Caleb Downs, Dallas Turner, the list goes on. Do WE have any guys on our side that Alabama dearly wanted and came up a close second? Man, do I want UGA to win Saturday. It's a shame that after winning 29 games in a row -- 12 this season -- it will come down to one lousy game to prove if we're as great as people say we are. Go Dawgs!

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In a man on man contest I'm taking Mims every time over Turner. Mims will piledrive Dallas.

Look for Dallas to leave the field injured after getting pushed into Tater who will also crush this gump.

We are going to find out where Dallas is and run right at him.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pressure is a privilege ! Lets be honest. THis is for the NC.. I don't believe there are 2 teams any better.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 13,108 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

"Do WE have any guys on our side that Alabama dearly wanted and came up a close second?"

Off the top of my head, I would say Carson Beck!!

Go Dawgs!

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would say probably a third of the guys on each team are recruited by both. Probably half would be wanted by both but are locked into 1 team or the other and did not consider the other team for whatever reason.

The 2 teams are built the same. Same concepts, same defense, similar offenses. Similar talent. The only exception to this might be we run more 12 man on offense because of our tight end penchant. Other than that we are very very similar.